15

-So...I'm not pure. I'm seen as someone... disgusting.

-Some people still have prejudice against the impure breed, Karthane , although in some ways they have more strength  than the pure breeds.

-What does the black cat mean?- I asked remembering something Jake had told me some time ago

-Well, its the living creature that represents your way of thinking.  You see, cats are usually very clever ,fast, independent and discreet.

-So thats good.

-Yes, but keep in mind that every spiritual creature also has a flaw, or weakness. Yours is the black cat... Some people see them as bad luck and try to avoid them...Of course it is completely false, but You have been ignored for so many years and excluded from the rest...Sometimes You have problems getting a long with people. You get defensive even if it isn't really necessary.

-I used to like people and I used to see white cats and spirits, but as time passed and bad things happened, I only saw black ones...

-Perhaps You should get some rest. It has been a big day for You and I'm sure you are very tired.

She was right. I was really tired. Although I probably would not even get a single wink of sleep due to all the confusion and new thoughts in my head. So much to think about. New home, new friends, new family and new life.

All those things that bothered me so much...It all seemed silly now. Who cares what Katy and her ''friends'' think about me? They are all still at that ordinary public school. They will grow, get a job, live a normal life.

I would never even see them again. All that seemed like a different reality left behind.

I was walking down the hall and looking at all the new faces. Some people would look at me and mumble a short greeting , but most would actually avoid coming close to me,like if I crossed their path I would bring bad luck.

-This is your room- my mother said pointing in the room-I hope you like it here.

I stepped inside hardly believing my eyes.

I was used to a small, dirty room and this was far from that. It was incredible .

the light blue walls hardly appeared because of all the shelves full of books, like if my bedroom was a miniature library.    the little white bed side table had a cell phone on it and there was a photo on the wall,that I could not help noticing.

It was me, very young, with Erwin and my mother.

I seemed really happy. My father and mother were looking at each other happily while I was playing with a little black kitten.

-See You tomorrow  dear-She said kissing my cheek and leaving the room.

I pulled up the net that covered my bed and just lay  there looking  looking up at the ceiling and thinking about things. About Kyra, my real mother, but also about chayane, her husband, and a lot about Ary. Than I looked at the phone on my desk, that had a note on it

 Don't forget about the ones that care.

I guess that note appeared there for a reason. Ary

Hey Ary ! everything is okay. I like my mom, She's really nice and my new room is awesome. I'm a bit tired now but I promise I'll text You as soon as I can.

Tell chay I'm happy  and I hope She is too

xox

Marj

I sent it and than played around with my new phone for a while.  Downloaded a few songs and listened a bit.

 Although I was happy I must confess that I also felt a bit awkward. After all the suffering, crying, depression.... Everything seemed perfect... to perfect.

I got up again and explored my room

the wardrobe had some nice ( yet simple) clothes. Jeans, shorts, band t-shirts. Exactly my style.

The books were also from my favorite authors. Most of them were romance or action stories.

I picked up a notebook, that had a note inside

This is for You to write whatever You want to write about, hope you like it

ps: I know more about You than You think. i was always there, You just never saw me...

''I didn't see You but I always felt your presence''I thought to myself

That's when I heard a knocking sound. On my door.

A/N I will try to update more often

Thanks to everyone that read this! <3