14

I was 15 years old.

Short and thin as a rake, thick hair,shy and full of social anxiety, also i was the nerd of the class s lets just say people did not find me ''cool'' or ''fun''

I only had one friend. His name was Erwin.

Erwin was a freak, or at least everyone thought He was. Tall, tanned, black hair and blue eyes. He liked tattoos and piercings, was quite a rebel. Since young He had to work hard and give the money to his mother to help her by food. It was as very difficult.

He lived in a poor place in the middle of nowhere

I was from a wealthy family and had a big house

he was streetwise and I never got out alone. My parents did not let me hang out with friends,go to parties or do anything of that kind. They wanted to have the perfect daughter, especially because I was an only child, so they worried a lot. I was kind of living in a bubble.

Anyway I would always share my recess food with this Erwin. At first He would only talk to me for the food but little by little He started talking to me about everything and I started talking to him.

So one day  He invited me to this awesome party that was going on at some kids house.  Everyone was talking about it . I begged my mother to let me go there and finally She gave in .

I remember all the good times I had with Him, Marjorie. Yes, He had his problems but i was willing to help Him. I could teach him to control his anger.

As years went by, We got each time closer. Finally I decided it was time to get together with him form real. I presented him to my parents and everything;

The problem is, He was from a very strong  ''black'' powered family and I was from a white one. Not only that but my family, The karthanes, are naturally enemies with his family, the bones. So obviously things did not work out as planned. They forced me to hang out with the ''right'' person, and for my unhappiness Erwin and I were soon parted. I was sixteen.

Erwin did not give up though. We would secretly meet every time we could. At first it worked out, but soon I got tired. I got tired of all the hiding and lying and pretending to be someone I wasn't.

At the age of 19, I tried one lat time to show my parents how i was feeling. Once again They did not listen t anything a had to say.

-THERE IS NO WAY I WILL LET YOU TO BE TOGETHER! HE IS FROM THE WRONG FAMILY!!

-We can't pretend forever mom.

-To Your room right now!-She ordered

That night was horrible. I remember fighting with them and it really hurt me. Unfortunately I realized that it was it. i had to make my decision.

the next day We both left our homes and rented a small apartment. It was all simple but we were happy. We would both work together.

   Of course my parents started hating me for my decisions.

At the age of 23 We were married and made both our families angry.

My family disagreed completely with me but They weren't going to force me to do anything anymore.

Although for many generations everyone in my family was born with complete white powers. I was going to have a child and the father had black powers, so there was a chance the baby would not be completely white. It could be 50%''white '' and ''50'' black or maybe even 80%''black''. They were unhappy about it all.

The worst problem was with Erwins mother though.

She was truly evil in every way. When she heard that We were having a child, She cursed me and I was not expecting it so I didn't even block it.

-It's going to be alright- Erwin promised me-I will watch over her.  Nothing will happen to Her.

-You know what will happen, right?

-She will be born marked, i know. She will be sensitive to spirits and have powers nearly impossible to control. It will hurt her. Despite that We shall do our best to take care of Her.

-It can't work that way Erwin. If She lives with us, She will see us using magic, and she won't be ready. She will end up trying to copy us, but She won't see how strong  she really is because of that curse. If any accidents happen... I won't forgive myself.

-We will work it out- He mumbled in response.

sadly, nothing worked out.

Few days later, Erwin died.

We were eating dinner in the kitchen when all the lights went off. When they came back on again, He was lying on the floor and shacking

''He will pay the price for bringing shame to his family'' A thin voice hissed

I saw him there, feeling great pain. She was willing to kill him slowly in order to make him suffer more. I just cried, not knowing what to do.] Seeing him there , in front of me, being strangled was one of the worst things I have ever seen. And trust me  have seen MANY things.

-r-r-runn....Erwin mumbled as He tried to fight back

I grabbed you and ran as fast as I could and got a ride from someone that was passing by. I gave you to an orphanage and moved far away. i would move frequently to not be found.

The other day, Jake came in here talking about You. He said You were one of us. As soon as He told  me about the black cat You always see, I knew right away it was you because I was the one sending the cat to Your house. He would watch over you and than come back to me. It's not just a cat. It's a spirit I have razed.  Its your spiritual guide.

The other day i heard that Leia ( Erwins stepmother) had passed away and decided You were ready to come here. I hope You understand how things were difficult.