For you

I open up my eyes to see Happy looming over me. "Natsu!" Happy yells turning his face away from me. "She's awake! Yumi's awake!"

I sit up a little, my leg still felt a little numb and my magic feels like it's been completely drained. I see Natsu run towards me, his facial expression was hopeful. "Yumi!" He yelled to me. "Are you ok? That hit was pretty hard."

I stared blankly at him for a second. I couldn't move anymore or speak. What the hell? Why couldn't I move or speak anymore. "M a g i c i s d r a i n e d. C a n ' t s e e m t o m o v e o r s p e a k." I stutter out slowly. Natsu and Happy looked at me confused. Dammit, that ball and Zeref's magic didn't mix too well, now I'm stuttering.

"I don't think that ball was an ordinary cannon, Natsu." Says Happy flying over me. I look around for a puddle or a lake or something. No luck, it's completely dry. "Yumi" Natsu directs my focus to him. "Did you really just go up there to see who was in it and what it was or did you have something else to take care of?"

I stared a Natsu and shook my head yes, which meant I did have something else to take care of. Something that drove me to that ship...
----------------------------------------------
What happened in the past:
Year: x778
Day: 1st
Month: July

I struggled to keep up with Zeref as he walked to wherever we were going. "Zeref!" I called to him. "Wait for me!" Zeref didn't even turn around to see me, he just kept walking.

Finally, Zeref stopped at a cave marked with an E and motioned for me to come. "Yumi." He started off. "This is the cave I was talking about, the cave where Mavis' grave is."

"Who's Mavis?" I asked.

"Someone you should know about."

Zeref walked inside the cave, as did I. We walked through the dark cave until we saw a light, a really bright light. We walked in it and were greeted by a stone grave.

"This," started Zeref. "Is Mavis' grave. She is no ordinary wizard and she created a guild called Fairy Tail."

I bloomed at the thought of a wizard guild. "Could I join a guild one day Zeref?" I asked. "It depends on your training." Zeref said.

I touched the stone grave. It felt warm and there wasn't an inch of coldness on it. "If I ever join Fairy Tail, I promise," I placed my head on the stone. "I'll never let another guild steal this island or forget you. For you, Mavis."

I swear I could hear a voice saying, "You already have a guild heart, Yumi."
----------------------------------------------
Back in the present

I started crying. So I did know Fairy Tail, they were my allies and Mavis' guild. I made a promise years ago, and I won't forget it.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Happy asked. "Look what you did Natsu, you made Yumi cry."

"HOW IS IT MY FAULT EXACTLY?!" Asked Natsu. "Awe, cmon Yumi, why are you crying?"

My leg suddenly didn't feel numb anymore and I can move and speak. "I'm so sorry Natsu, Happy." I say. "I made a promise to Fairy Tail years ago and I never kept it, I forgot my most important promise to Mavis."

Natsu and Happy looked at me confused. "Well," Natsu started. "Are you gonna keep that promise?"

"How can I keep it if I already failed it?" I said.

"You made a promise to Mavis, right?"

"Y-yeah."

"Then keep it, Yumi! I believe that you can keep it even if you fail! That's why you live right? To keep your friends safe and your family safe!"

Natsu grabbed my hands in his. "So what are we waiting for?" Natsu says standing me up. "Let's go beat that guild that came here!"

I looked at his smile. Was this my brother? A kind hearted person who believed in dreams and promises? If he was my brother, then why do I deserve him? Why me?

Why a girl who has never kept her promise to Mavis and lost her brother, Zeref?