Wolves

Tenroujima
Year x778
Yumi Dragneel
Currently in training with Zeref

It was a beautiful day, Zeref had said so too, but not very cheerfully. He said that he would take me to somewhere if I was good. So, I decided not to get in his way and went walking around.

The trees were in full bloom, yet animals kept hiding. What were they afraid of? I knew all of them, Zeref even gave me some seeds to give to them. I wondered what was threatening them...

I heard a growl from the other side of the tree I was sitting on. I flinched. More growling came from trees around me.

Wolves.

They weren't the friendly kind I had met while I was around Gray either. They were looking for a meal to eat. They all looked at me like I was their dinner.

I curled up near the tree and started to cry. Why me? Why could've it had been one of those animals?

No, I didn't want to think of it, those animals should never die. But still, the thought couldn't reach out to the wolves. They were like emotionless animals with only one setting;

Kill.

I cried a little bit more and curled up near the tree. They were going to kill me. I was scared.

"I don't want to hurt you." Said a gloomy voice in front of me. I looked up.

It was Zeref.

He was in front of me and said that to the wolves.

They all backed up a tiny bit. But one, who I thought was the leader, stood his ground. "Please leave, I don't need to kill you." Zeref said calmly.

The wolves all didn't care. They wanted to kill Zeref. "Yumi. My hand."

I got out of my positioned little curled up ball and held Zeref's hand. "Close your eyes Yumi." He said to me.

I closed my eyes. I knew what was going to happen. Zeref was going to make them all perish. Into thin air.

I heard the magic barrier go out. The growling and barking of the wolves had stopped. Zeref had gotten rid of them all. Every single one of those things.

"Open your eyes Yumi." He said to me. "They're all gone now."

I opened my eyes, he was right. They were all gone.

I let go of Zeref's hand and stare at the spot where the wolf leader was.

"I want you to stay closer to me next time, okay?" Said Zeref. "I don't want to risk losing you."

"O-o-okay." I responded hesitantly.

----------------------------------------------
Tenroujima
Year x784
Yumi Dragneel
Has currently defeated the soul that controlled her

Acnologia was still fighting us, even after I woke up. We all gave it our best, but we still lost.

But Acnologia had other plans, he was going to destroy Tenroujima and cease its existence.

That's when Master had his idea.

"Quickly, everyone gather!"

It sounded crazy, but hey, everyone had their own ideas.

We all paused for a second from fighting Acnologia. A spot in the middle of the fight was opened up.

Natsu, Lucy, Wendy, Erza, Gray, Gajeel, everyone else, and I gathered in that spot. Natsu held my hand and so did Gray. I saw Juvia hold Gray's hand and Lucy hold Natsu's hand. Everyone gathered in a circle and held against the strong winds of Acnologia's wings.

I started to cry, but I sucked it up. No, this wasn't the end of the future ahead of us. We would meet Acnologia again, and we would beat him.

I felt Mavis' presence around me, even though it was unbelievable. Maybe everyone else felt it too. I couldn't tell.

But the next time I see Acnologia, we will defeat him. And I will not be his servant.

Because I am Yumi Dragneel

----------------------------------------------