England's Extremely Exciting Era

This was a school paper I did long ago about England in the Middle Ages. Here it is, 100% unaltered!

               In the Middle Ages, merry old England wasn't so merry. Peasants were slaving in the fields, if not revolting. Peasants were poor folk who tilled their lord's fields and gave them most of their crops, in exchange for a wee bit of land and safety in the lord's castle when an enemy approached. A medieval castle was a huge stone fort-house where the nobles and lords lived. Castles had battlements to shoot arrows at foolish enemies who dare strayed into the cherished grounds of the esteemed and mighty lord of the region.

 Castles had battlements to shoot arrows at foolish enemies who dare strayed into the cherished grounds of the esteemed and mighty lord of the region

                          A peasant's life would likely vary between excessively boring farming and slaving to "exciting" enemy raids , crying at the lord's feet, begging for his mercy as he got dragged down kicking and screaming into the dark, damp, and reeking with evil haven of death one might call a "dungeon". All because he accidentally tread on the Lord's pampered little royal foot while bringing him his broiled clams and wine. Most peasants prefered boring old farming. This is the sad life of a peasant in medieval England.