TWO

It was Eleanor's third year at Hogwarts and she had come to Diagon Alley with her "mother" earlier than most of the other students so they wouldn't have to suffer through the crowd of students and procrastinating parents.

Eleanor, excited as she was, had one problem with going back to school. It was James Potter. She had always been annoyed by the boy. Well.. not always. They had started off in good terms upon their first meeting in their first year, up until she realized that James Sirius Potter had been the one who continued the legacy of the famous Marauders, whom his grandfather was a part of, and the Weasley twins. Almost every week, the boy had come up with a new prank to annoy everyone who wasn't a Gryffindor like himself. She remembered the time he and his best friend, Fred Weasley (II), changed the password in order to get into the Slytherin common room, and so the Hufflepuffs, kind as they were, took them in while the older Ravenclaws tried to find a way to fix it and the younger Ravenclaws rushed to Professor Flitwick to inform him of the damage "the Gryffindors" had done. And she remembered the time a Ravenclaw let James and Fred into their common room, and then when nobody seemed to be in sight, the two changed the books in their library with phonebooks disguised to look like the books they had before. And she especially despised the time James and Fred changed the magical plant seeds in Mr. Longbottom's class with muggle plant seeds. And she hated it even more when James's excuse for the act was because Herbology was boring and useless.

As Eleanor and McGonagall came out of the bookstore after buying the books she needed for the year, she spotted Harry Potter and his wife Ginny Potter, along with James, and a young boy and an even younger girl whom she hadn't met before. Eleanor scowled at James once his eyes fixed on her. Before Eleanor knew it, the Potter family had come closer to them.

"Headmistress!" Harry Potter said before hugging his old professor, and then his wife followed.

"Nice to see you again Mr. Potter! Come to buy some supplies I see?" McGonagall said. While Eleanor tried her best not to look at James so he wouldn't talk to her.

"Ah yes! By the way, this is my boy, Albus! Named him after Dumbledore" Harry laughed "He's starting first year this year!"

"I see!" McGonagall exclaimed before she held onto Eleanor's shoulders as if to move her a bit closer to the family in front of them "This is my... daughter!"

Harry looked at the old woman in confusion "Daughter?" Harry said

"Well, she's adopted!" McGonagall slightly laughed while Eleanor stood there, face red out of all the awkwardness "Her name is Eleanor"

The redness in Eleanor's face faded as she held out her hand for a hand shake "Nice to meet you Mr. Potter!" Eleanor smiled as James rolled his eyes "It is an honor to meet you! I-I've gotten a lot of your chocolate cards"
she beamed

"Oh!" Harry suddenly exclaimed after shaking her hand and glancing at his son, James "This is?" Harry gestured to Eleanor as he tried to communicate with James. James nodded "Ah! Pleasure to meet you Eleanor! M-my son, James has told me quite a lot about you". James snorted at that.

"Really?" Eleanor glared at him and he shot a glare back

"Children! Am I right!?" Ginny said, chiming in as she tried to pull her children away

"Yes! Children! Ha! You're so right Ms. W-, I mean, Mrs. Potter" McGonagall smiled "Well, we best be going, we still have got a lot on our list!"

"Oh yes!" Harry said clapping his hands together "Uh, it was nice to see you Prof- I mean, Headmistress! We best be going as well! It was nice meeting you again Eleanor!" Harry finished as the Potters walked away continuing on with their lives.

"So that was Eleanor.. " Ginny said to James

"Yeah, annoying am I right?" James replied to his mother

"I dunno... I think she's quite pretty actually" Ginny shot a smirk at her husband and then transferred it to James

"Oh please, mum! You're only saying that because she has red hair like you"

"Well, you Potter boys do have quite a thing for red heads" Ginny nudged at her son who was making a disgusted face while little Lily giggled.

"So, enough about James and Eleanor" Harry started while James looked at his father, disgusted at the mention of 'James and Eleanor'. "How about you Albus? You nervous son?" Harry said to Albus

"Kind of. Not because of the classes in general, but because of the sorting and all" Albus frowned

"Don't worry Al!" James beamed, swinging his arm over his brother's shoulder "Mum's a Gryffindor, dad's a Gryffindor, I'm a Gryffindor! It'll be fine! Even little Lily's gonna turn into a Gryffindor one day" James ruffled his little sister's hair

"I bloody hope so!"

"So, is that all dear?" McGonagall said looking at her adopted daughter

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's all we needed!" Eleanor smiled as McGonagall ran her wrinkled hands through Eleanor's soft red hair

"Very well then!" McGonagall said as she walked towards Eleanor's side so she was standing beside her

"Let's go home!" the two said before apparating into their house in Hogsmeade