FOURTEEN

It was tricky getting the rest of the ingredients: powdered moonstone and pearl dust. But, with Eleanor's wits, she managed to get ahold of some viles and flasks containing exactly what she needed. The big problem was, she didn't know where she was going to brew the potion. She couldn't brew it in her dormitory because she was currently sharing it with two people. Both of which have no idea what she's trying to do. She knew about the time Hermione Granger brewed polyjuice potion in one of the Hogwarts bathrooms that were rarely visited. But, she was currently in Beauxbatons, and she had not a single clue of the geography in the French school.

She thought about not going through with the potion. She was debating it over and over. She wanted to think practical, but her infatuation over the boy she wanted to use it on was ruling over her head. She couldn't stop thinking about him.

Cygnus.

Imagine how fun a night at the ball would be with Cygnus. Unfortunately, she wasn't sure if Cygnus would return his feelings for her.

Then, it got her thinking. She had no way of brewing the potion without getting caught. She had wits, yes, but, it was unlikely of her to use her brilliance for a bad cause. So maybe, she could arrange an agreement with someone who has been doing this sort of thing for most of their life. She could just ask someone else to do it for her. Besides, Eleanor thought about it, and she knew she didn't want to force Cygnus to returning her feelings out of his own will. The thing was, the amortentia potion smelled differently to every person, depending on what attracts them. So maybe, she could see what Cygnus would smell upon smelling the potion, just to find out if he was going to smell her scent. That way, she wouldn't make too much of a fool herself.

This not having a date to the Yule Ball had gotten Eleanor overthinking and she didn't like it. If she wanted a date, she could easily get one. Without brewing a potion and getting herself in trouble.

"I'm telling you James. You can't force her to like you out of her own will." Fred said to James. The two were currently in their dorm room. Fred sitting on his bed, James pacing the room.

"Come on, Freddie. It'll only be for when I ask her to the ball until the day after the ball." James explained.

"Is that so? And then what? After the ball, she'll remember being under the influence of the amortentia, and she'll hate you even more!" Fred argued, standing up from the bed and walking over to James.

"Well, what did you think I was going to do?"

"I don't know?! Ask her out like a normal person, I suppose!"

James paused and thought it over. "Nah, that's too boring."

Fred groaned. "You know what? Fine, do whatever you want. But, I'm telling you, Eleanor's going to hate you even more."

"Bullocks! She was going to do the same thing!"

Fred looked at James in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Last night, Fred. I caught her sneaking around the halls. Eleanor was carrying a basket, full of the ingredients to Amortentia. Except, she was missing powdered moonstone and pearl dust. I offered to help her get some. But, she didn't like the idea."

"So, you're saying... "

James nodded. "She was going to give me Amortentia too."

Fred shook his head. He didn't seem to be convinced of what James was saying. "No, no way. No way was Eleanor McGonagall breaking the rules to get you to be her date. I don't think so."

James gasped and held his hand to his chest. "Merlin! I feel so offended! How could you say that!"

"Oh come on, James! Stop being such a white boy!"