Chapter 14: Brick Tobiah

Kalen and I search through my mothers desk. 

There has to be something on her disappearance.  We already know Morgana trapped her but we have to figure out how to get her back.  How else are we to regain my kingdom?

We've been searching for hours, and we haven't found a thing.  Eventually, we give up and he goes back to his room to get ready for our archery lesson.  Not that I need lessons, I mastered that skill when I turned three.

I enter my massive closet and quickly strip out of my day dress.  I pull on my leather riding pants and a skin-tight, sleeveless t shirt.  I walk over to my riding boots and slip them on.  I start walking towards the door when "OW!" okay, there is something in my boot.

I pull off the boot and stick my hand inside, feeling around for whatever jabbed me.  I pull out a rock.  But on the rock is a name.  Brick Tobiah. 

I'm not familiar with the name, but maybe Rafe  knows it.

I sprint down the hallways of Silverthorne castle and out to the side yard where we have our archery range set up.  "Rafe!"  I call out.  He rushes out pf the barn with a concerned look on his face.

"What?" He asks.  "What is it?  Are you alright?"

I slow down and he puts his hands on my shoulders.  "Yes, yes I'm alright," I say in a hurry.  I shove the rock in his face and he takes it out of my hands.

"Brick Tobiah?"  He rotates the rock in his hands.  "Who gave this to you?"

"I don't know I found it in my riding boot."

"Huh." 

"Who is he?"  I ask.

"He is one of Morgana's advisers.  He's in charge of foreign exchange and a military leader."

"But why is his name on a rock in my shoe?"  I exclaim.

"It seems like someone who has access to the inside of this castle knows something-"

"And is trying to lead us to the answer."  I finish for him.

"But the question is, who?" 

I slump against the side of the barn.  "It's just one thing after another, isn't it?"

He grins and sits down next to me.  "We'll take this step by step.  We'll  figure out who's been sending the clues.  But first I think we need to discover why Tobiah's name was in your shoe."

<3
sorry for the short chapter.
More soon to come!

Xoxo,
DD