Chapter 30: Plan of Rescue

I crack my eyelids open to the soft sound of Noctis snoring. I carefully roll to my side to look at him. During the night we had gravitated towards each other. I am so close to his naked chest the tip of my nose is almost touching it. 

I'm tempted to stay but there's too much to do in preparation for tonight.

Finally, it is time to rescue my friends. 

. . . 

"There are several places Danica's friends could be."  Noctis points to the maps of the castle he had previously laid out on the dirt floor of the forest. "The dungeons, the East Tower, the West Tower, or even the throne room behind a magical barrier."

"Yeah, kinda like the wall you used to help get Rafe captured in the first place." I mutter.

"You know I had no part in their capture. I didn't know those soldiers were coming." Noctis growls. "This is the work of my father, even in death he has my brothers wrapped around his boney finger. Surely you remembered my family, Danica?"

The memory of Noctis's father and brothers' sinister grins flash in my mind. I chose not to answer him.

"We need to be prepared for them to be in any of these locations. My arrival back to Rohron Court will distract all the residents. Timor will go through the back of the palace and cover the dungeons."

"And I'll take the dungeon," Timor chimes in.

"The secret tunnels have doors in the library, kitchen, and East Wing. Here, here, here and here." Noctis points to all the locations.

"We're set then. I will be here, in case Danica needs backup." Luxie declares while tying back her thick red hair in a knot. 

"Danica, be careful. You have no idea what's going to happen. My spies couldn't even uncover anything," warns Tenebris.

"We'll be fast. Get in, get out. Then we get Danica the hell out of there." Timor sits back on the ground.

We all stand up from where we're sitting, the air heavy with thoughts of battle.

Luxie hands me a thick cloak. "To conceal your fighting leathers."

I nod and clip it around my neck. 

"Well," Timor starts. "No one get killed tonight please."

No one answers.

"Tenebris, Timor, grab on," Noctis connects gazes with me. 

They grab onto his shoulder. "No body count. On our side, atleast." He says and then disappears. 

I turn to Luxie. "You ready?" She asks me. 

"No." I tug my hood over my head.

As the sun hides on the horizon, I step into the clearing."

"Hello, Danica."

My eyes don't believe who I see standing there.

<3

Welcome back ladies and gents. Get ready for a wild ride.

Xoxo,

DD