Chapter 22

Harry's POV (long time no see Harry!)

Me and Draco were woken up by the sound of screeching wheels and the loud billowing horn of the Scarlett steam engine. With bleary eyes, I looked down at the Angel on my lap. "hey" I croaked out "we're here". Draco suddenly bolted up right , pressing his face against the window, obviously in search of his devil father. After searching for a minute or so to no avail, my baby slumped back down into my lap where I circled my arms around him protectively as he buried his face into my chest. "I'm scared Harry" the tiny boy barely mumbled into my jumper. I felt my heart melt and crack at his statement and held onto him a bit tighter. "I know, I know . But don't be , it's only two weeks, you can do it. I know you can" .

I felt Draco sit up a little taller at that and smile into my shoulder. "Now , ferret face , you better stay in touch!!" Draco let out a beautiful little giggle and punched me in the shoulder playfully. "Sure thing, scar head " he replied as I gasped in mock offence before we both fell onto the floor of the compartment laughing stupidly.

After composing ourselves , we stood up once more , embraced , said our (slightly tearful) good byes, and left the compartment. I smiled slightly . I'm staying with Ron and Hermione this Christmas! What with all that has been going on with Draco, I haven't been with my two best friends as much as I usually would be at this time of year and, as much as I love and will miss my Dracypoo, I was really looking forward to catching up with my two best friends.

as I exited the train onto the platform, I was ambushed by four people , well... three people and one big, black, over enthusiastic dog. "Padfoot!" I laughed as my dog/godfather bowled me to the floor. i looked up from my new view point to see who else was ambushed me and saw Hermione, Ron, and of course, Mrs Weasley. "you okay there mate?" Ron asked , grinning at me as he pulled me up. "fine , yeah thanks. I feel way better after going off to have a sleep on the train" I half lied back. I don't know whether I was just being paranoid, but at my words Hermione seemed to grin slightly knowingly.

yes I know, I should tell my two best friends that me and Draco are dating but... well y'know, they don't even know that we are friends yet! Besides, I don't think that they would take it very well that their sworn enemy is now my friend... meh oh well, I have nothing to lose so I'm going to tell them this evening. I think. I hope. Maybe? Probably not. Its not my fault that i won't be telling them! Mr. Weasley will be home now from hospital and I don't want to take the attention off of him! yeah... thats definitely the reason... I'm totally not terrified of losing my two best friends... that has nothing to do with it.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a bone crushing embrace from a certain Mrs Weasley. " Harry Dear! how's my favourite boy?" she sang in her kind voice as Ron scoffed "thanks a lot mum, that really made me feel good"

"yeah-" Fred and George piped in after appearing from no where " what are we then? martians?" me and Hermione began to laugh which only intensified when Mrs Weasley muttered "well, you can never tell with you lot"

as we left the platform chatting loudly and excitedly, I spotted Draco. Draco as I used to know him, tall held up posture , slicked back hair, disdainful features, and an air of superiority as he strutted towards his devil father . The thing is, it all looked so fake now, flaws were easily spotted. The almost discernible stumble, the slightly shaking hands, the darting fearful eyes, the extreme effort that he seemed to be taking to prevent himself from just letting the ground swallow him whole.

It got me thinking. were those imperfections always there? was there always little characteristics there that could have told me that this boy wasn't okay? was I consumed by such a huge hatred that i almost cost this beautiful little boy his life?

"Harry mate? you're staring. whats the little prick done this time?"

"huh? oh, Yeah. Just Malfoy being typical Malfoy on the train." I said. this wasn't a lie after all, Ron just didn't know what 'typical Malfoy' was like. No-one did. Except me.

Number 12 Grimmould place was exactly as I remembered it. Decaying, old, oppressive, but with an odd air of excitement. The slight possibility that something bigger was going on. That my nightmares meant something, that we had a chance against the enemy that seemed to be getting bigger, and that - even though I am pretty good at hiding my night terrors now - its probably time to tell someone about my fears of the night Mr Weasley got attacked.

You see, I was scared. I didn't tell anyone this, especially Draco, because it seemed irrelevant. what does it matter that I was the snake? What does it matter that my dreams are getting worse? what does it matter that I was petrified that i was becoming more like him? what does anything about me matter except staying alive long enough to end this war? Nevertheless, I figured that it should soon be time to tell someone.

AN: *peeks out from an epic pile of comments telling me to update* h..hi there friends... DON'T HATE ME PLEASE IM SSSOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY! if any of you are still out there after I left you for so long - I'm sooooo sooooo sorry! i have literally no excuse except an extreme case of writers block :-( I knew where i wanted this to go but i didn't know how to get it there. but we are back on track and full steam ahead now folks! thanks for sticking with me! i would like to just give ShinigamiBeyond a massive shout out for bugging me to update. I think thats it for now so goodby-

WOAHWOAHWOAH HOLD ON!!! 3K READS EVERYONE! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE MY FAVOURITE PEOPLE AND TO CELEBRATE IM GOING TO DO A CHARACTER Q&A JUST FOR YOU!!!! SO FEEL FREE TO ASK HARRY, DRACO, LUCIUS (UGH), TRELAWNY (I GUESS), OR HERMIONE A QUESTION IN THE COMMENTS WITH THEIR NAMES AND I'LL DO A Q&A CHAPTER!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! ID LIKE TO DOUBLE SHOUT OUT TO ShinigamiBeyond FOR BEING AWESOME AND MAKING ME CONTINUE THIS BOOK! I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SHOUT OUT TO dramaqueen142 AND boyxboyisbae FOR BEING MY TWO MOST LOYAL READERS AND ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO SHOUT OUT TO Reader3am FOR BEING A NEW READER BUT COMMENTING AND VOTING ON EVERY CHAPTER!! THANKS GUYS YOU ALL ROCK!!

okay... I'm done for real this time :-) bye ! (and thanks again xx i love you all)