8

"I'm Michael. I'm an alcoholic." Michael looked around at the group of people surrounding him.

"Hello Michael." The group said in unison.

"I've had a rough couple of days all I wanted to do was drink. Yet, my mom took away a throng and everything I could get to and took my money away." He looked down.

"What were your reasons to want to drink?" Andrew asked him.

"I was thinking about my girlfriend who over dosed three years ago." Michael looked down. "I don't want to talk about that, so please don't make me."

"You don't have to Michael. Thank you for sharing." Andrew said.

Michael gave a weak smile and nodded.

The door to the church loudly creaked open. Everyone in he group looked up to see who was to walk through the door.

It was Ashton and some other person.

Ashton had bruises and fresh cuts on his face, including a black eye. As he walked over to the group Ashton held tightly into the man's arm and he limped as he walked. Ashton looked for an empty seat, meaning he were to sit next to Michael since that was the last seat left.

Ashton made no eye contact with any of the group as he sat. The man who walked in with him asked him something, but Ashton ignored him and didn't answer.

"Welcome Ashton." Andrew said cheerfully.

"I'm not in the mood for you happiness. I don't want to be here. If rather be somewhere where no one can find me and so I can-" Ashton's comment was cut off by the man standing behind him.

Andrew stared in shock at the once quiet and seemingly innocent addict. He was at a loss for words until he cleared his throat and continued with the meeting.

~~~~~~

"Ashton!" Michael called out as everyone was walking out.

Ashton had kept walking, but the man stopped. Ashton didn't make it far, since he fell to the ground as though he was a rag doll that would never be able to hold up its own weight.

Michael rushed to his side, but Ashton pushed him away.

"Ashton, let him help. You have to let other people into your life." The man said looking at Ashton then at Michael. "And you are?"

"Michael." He said reaching out to shake the other man's hand.

"Mark." The other man said returning a hand shake to Michael.

Both of them bent down to pull Ashton up. "Why can't he walk?" Michael asked helping mark walk Ashton out of the church.

"He has four broken ribs and he fractured his ankle." Mark replied as he opened the car door for Ashton.

Ashton still stayed silent.

"Who did this to him?" Michael asked.

"Maybe it's best if we don't ask to many questions about who did this." Mark said walking away from Michael and stepping into the other side of the car.

Michael stood watching as the car pulled away. He could see Ashton in the side mirror looking at him with a stern look.

Ashton was like a mystery and Michael was determined to find out what it was.

~~~~~~~

"Luke," Michael spoke as they walked along the beach. "Did you ever know a kid named Ashton?"

Luke nodded slowly. "Yeah, I used to be in school with him." He spoke quietly. "He got addicted to heroine in year 11. I thought he overdosed like-"

Michael looked up at Luke, which caused him to stop talking. "Please, just don't mention her. I shouldn't of even brought it up."

"Michael, why did you want to know?" Luke asked looking at Michael.

"He's in my AA group." Michael said.

Luke stopped. "He can't be. They told me he was gone."

"Luke?"

He shook his head. "Nothing. Nothing."

"Luke, what do you mean he was gone?"

"Michael, it doesn't matter now. It just doesn't matter. He's alive. That's all that matters."

Note: what????

This part was terrible omg I'm sorry.

The next part will hopefully be better.

Comment some stories that you would like me to update while I'm on a 7 hour bus ride!

All the love- H