4

"So, how was the meeting?" Luke said turning to face Michael who was sat in the back seat.

Michael glared at Luke and turned  toward the window not wanting to respond to him.

"Where do you want to go for lunch Michael?" His mother asked.

"Home. I just want to go home." Michael said back leaning his chin into the palm of his hand.

"Just pick somewhere." Luke insisted.

"I. Don't. Care." Michael said sternly.

"Alright, fine then." Luke said trying back around in his seat.

~~~~~

Michael sat at the end of the table with his arms crossed as his mom and Luke talked about something. Whatever it was it must've been funny since the both of them would start giggling.

"So, Michael did you talk to anyone today at the meeting?" Luke asked after he took a sip of his soda.

Michael nodded.

"What did you talk about?" He asked.

"Addictions. Isn't that all people ever talk about in AA?" Michael said looking up at Luke and his mom. "That's all anyone talks about Luke."

"Well, I just thought-" Luke began to say until Michael had interrupted him.

"You thought what?" Michael snapped.

"Michael-"

"What? You wanna start an argument with me?" Michael said glaring at Luke.

"Alright, why don't we just talk about something other than the meeting." Karen said.

"Gladly." Michael responded.

"Luke," Karen spoke. "How's Stanford? Is California nice?"

Michael became tense when his mom mentioned Stanford. He did have a scholarship for there, yet he ruined everything once his football couch found out he was drinking before every game. Once he was reported his scholarship was taken and he was told that he could not stem the school because they did not want his influence on the rest of the school.

"It's great." Luke replied taking another sip of his drink. "The football team is great. It's not the same without you." He said gesturing towards me.

"I don't really like football anymore. Kinda lost interest." Michael replied.

"We should play sometime soon before summer ends and I have to go back to school."

Michael nodded giving Luke a small grin before looking back down at his hands that rested on his lap.

-2010-
Luke and Michael sat there on the sidelines of the field watching everyone running back and forth. Both of them yelling at their teammates to, "get the goddamn ball", "score on that idiot", and every other thing they could say without get in in trouble by the couch.

"Clifford. You're up to go on field, got it!" Couch Hood yelled.

Michael nodded standing up. As he stood up everything around him spun. He turned to face Luke.

"I don't feel so-" then he collapsed.

Michael had woken up with people hovering over him. "Give him some space." Luke yells pushing people aside. "How you feeling?"

Michael looked at him his eyes slightly closed. "Like shit."

"Michael," Luke looked around making sure that no one was really listening. "Did you drink again?" Luke spoke softly.

Michael smiled and nodded slowly, only to lower his head.

"I'm sorry." Michael said softly.

"What about your future? Your scholarship?" Luke said shoving the other boys shoulder. "What about our future at uni?"

"As I said, I'm sorry."

It was then that Michael knew his whole life wasn't going to be okay. He knew he ruined everything for himself. He knew he ruined everyone around him. Yet, he didn't seem to think about any of that. He didn't seem to care anymore.

Michael wasn't himself anymore.

Note: my heart

kinda short update, but I hope it was somewhat good.

please tell me your opinions on this.

All the love- H