11

Ashton

Ashton sat with his arms crossed listening to every ones sob stories. He  looked around at the people who were sat in the circle. He saw faces of people who had been coming here as long as he has been and then there were new faces.

Calum, a man who said he needed help understanding the mind of an addict.

Mandy, who came because of her addiction to pills.

Tim, who came because he needed others to help him with helping his girlfriend through rehab.

Then there was Chris, a young kid possibly 17 or 18, who came because of his addiction to heroine.

He told the group about how he screwed up his life after a party he went to. Chris talked about how he was dragged away by his friends who all had needles in their hands, he said someone handed him a needle and pressured him into doing it.

He also said that party was 2 weeks ago and he had been hospitalized three times for almost overdosing.

"Ashton?" Someone yelled.

He shook his head and snapped out his daze. "I'm sorry. What?" He spoke.

"Tell us about you and how you are doing." Andrew said.

Ashton sighed. "Well, I'm Ashton. I was and there's a possibility that I still am addicted to most of the drugs everyone here has mentioned. I was maybe even a year or two younger than Chris when I started using." He paused and looked around at all the faces around him. "But, today hasn't been the best. It's hard. It's a hard life to live. Sometimes, I wished I had overdosed four years ago."

"Why do you really say that?" Andrew asked leaning forward in his chair.

"I say that because I've caused so much trouble and pain towards my family since then." Ashton said looking down at his hands.

"Do you think your family would be in more pain if you left them that day?"

Ashton looked up shaking his head. "No."

~~~~~

"Excuse me." Someone said as they tapped Ashton's shoulder.

Ashton turned to face the person. It was that man, Calum. "Yes."

"Do you by any chance know where Michael Clifford is? He should've been here today." Calum said.

"I know him, but I haven't seen him in about a month. The last mouth of meetings I've been in the hospital treating previous injuries." Ashton said pouring himself another cup of coffee.

"Ah, well thank you anyways-" Calum paused. "It's Ashton? Right?"

Ashton nodded. "Calum?"

"Yes." He said stretching out his hand. "Maybe we can get coffee together some day."

Ashton nodded again. "Sounds good."

Ashton now stood alone at the table of free after meeting food. He sighed regretting most of what he said during the meeting, but with that he walked out putting it all in the back of his mind.

~~~~~~

Note: I'm sorry this part was terrible. I just thought I'd update something.

But, I published a new story called Insomniac. It would mean a lot if you voted and commented on it.

ALSO TODAY (JULY 9TH) IS MY SLFL SHOW AND IM SO HAPPY OMG

All the love- H