chapter 12

When i got home i slammed my bags on the counter with a large cheesy smile spread from ear to ear. Nothing anybody said could ruin this feeling captured inside me.

I looked at the clock on the stove that read 11:35 pm. Considering all that's happened tonight that's not too bad. I watched my mom walk out of her bed room wrapped in her robe and tissues in hand. She had tears steaming down her face so I assumed she just watched The Notebook for about the billionth time.

"Kodi I need to have a talk with you." My mother told me sobbing into another tissue. I pulled out a chair and sat next to as she did the same.

"Something terrible has happened today." A silence grew in our familys kitchen. This talk seemed way too familiar. The last time these words came up was the doctor telling me my father had passed.

"Your brother," she continued, "was in a car accident. The two vehicles collided head on and every body was killed instantly." Tears were every where. There is no way this could possibly be true. This has to be some kind of prank. "What kind of sick joke is this!" I screamed jumping out of my chair. My mother reached for my hand but I jerked them back wanting the answer I rightfully deserved.

I shook my head in disbelief not wanting to believe any thing she just told me. "No...no this has to be some kind of mistake." Before she had the opportunity to answer I ran as fast as i could up to my bedroom. My foot got caught on one of the stairs and i crashed to my face. "Why! Why do all the bad things happen to me! What did i even do to deserve this!" ....I was wrong.. My night could be ruined.

************

I shoved both my feet into my brand new running shoes and quickly tied my hair up into a pony tail. Before leaving the house i opened up my Twitter app and typed 'Rest in peace bubba. I'll never forget you. #lookdown' after pressing send i pushed one hand against my lips and threw him a kiss just like we used to do when we were llittle.

I let my true emotions show as i ran across the empty trail that skimmed the side of the beach. Every breath i took in slowly got thinner as i came to realization.

"Let me know you here," I whispered, "just let me know you won't go." A small gust of wind blew past me and i immediately fell to my knees. The warm sensation of tears fell from my eyes like it had an endless supply.

"Kodi!" I heard being yelled from far away but didn't bother to respond. I remembered every happy moment we ever had together. Flashbacks flooded through my head when i heard my name repeated a second time. The footsteps grew louder as i became aware of who it was. "Austin go away." I quietly cried. "No, I'm not leaving without you."

Austin slowly wrapped his arms around me and cradled me back and forth. "How did you know?" I finally got enough breath to ask. He just giggled and smiled. "I Twitter stalk you." That's not creepy at all.

We sat in silence as I slowly calmed down. "Please don't take me home. There's too many memories there." I confessed. He shook his head and carefully picked me up wrapping my arm over his neck. "I got it covered."

We walked back over to Austin's car as he opened the back. Two blankets and two pillows were placed in the back as i looked at him with a funny face. "Austin I'm not sleeping with you." I said crossing my arms. "No, just follow me." He smiled.

We grabbed our things and i followed him just as i was told.

We stopped at a beautiful cave that captured the essence of the sea wonderfully. "How did you find this place?" I asked in awe. He dropped all the supplies in his hands and began to spread it out. "I know a guy." He winked. How cheesy.

A/N No. No. No. It just deleted most of the story 3 times. I'm not writing it again. I'll finish it later. Anyways did anybody watch the Austream today? That was amazing when he grabbed the knife and waljes through the kitchen. I was laughing way to hard. Well I'll finish this tomorrow. Leave me something completely random in the comments that will make me smile. ;) muah!