chapter 16

Wow. I was never expecting this. "But we don't even know eachother." I told Austin. Well that was a stupid thing to say. Maybe I'm still in shock.

"I don't care. I need to spend every waking moment with you. Call me crazy but there's something about you that drives me insane. Kodi, please give me a chance." He pleaded. With no hesitation I screamed the word, "Yes!"

I squeezed onto him tight and he did the same. I never want to let go.

We both pulled away slowly and I stared into Austins beautiful hazel eyes. A smile formed on his perfectly shaped lips and I watched him leen in. Our lips met and I could feel the magic in every touch. Sparks- no, fireworks- no, it's something I can't compare. We continued until there was no air left into our lungs.

When we went back inside my house my cheeks were on fire and I probably looked redder than a tomato. My mom noticed the excitement and looked at me with a questionable look. I nodded and watched her frown turn into a small smile.

"Kodi, I think I need to talk to you for a second." I looked over at my mom and she looked really worried.

I walked with my mom to my bedroom as she sat down on my bed. "This is going to be a sensitive subject but I would like to say sorry in advance," she explained, " We both know that your 18th birthday is coming up and you'll be out of high school in a week. Maybe it's time to start looking for your own apartment." Is she really kicking me out? I nodded and watched her walk out of my room closing the door begind her.

I stripped my blankets off my bed when I heard a knock on the door. I sighed, "Come in."  Austin walked in and completely broke down. I ran into his arms and felt a single tear escape my eye.

After I explained what happened to him, he helped me gather all my things. "So, I have nothing to do today." He winked. How cute. "Well I guess I have to look for an apartment now." I said with a sad tone. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist from behind as I looked out the window. "Hey, this could be a good thing." Austin said, "It's an opportunity to start over. You could do the things you really want to." He did have a point. I could dance anytime I want. I could do all the things I've wanted.

I pulled away and put all my things in the center of the room so it would be easier to get everything out when I needed to. "Time to go look. " Austin said cheerfully. "And who says you're coming?" I asked, being playful. He extended his arm out and held his hand out for me to take ahold of. "I just did. Now lets get a move on." He's so amazing.

************

I got to the closest place to where Austin was staying and walked around for a bit before taking into consideration that I need to talk to a sales agent.

I walked up to the office and waited for someone available.  "Julia!" I screeched running towards her. I haven't seen her since I was 9 years old. We used to be best friends until she moved.  I can't believe it!

In Mrs. Deaton's class Julia and I played with the Webkinz our parents got us. The teacher handed us a cup of water and went on to the next children. The phone rang and Mrs. Deaton walked over to answer the call. She screamed in panic and shut off all the lights. All the students were instructed to get under the tables and be as quite as we could.

I grabbed some Cheerios from my Polly pocket lunch pail and shared them with my best friend. Honestly I had no idea what was going on so I laid down and rested my head on the floor.

I heard the door slam open and looked up. There standing in the doorway was a familiar man. A man I used to know. "Daddy!" I screamed running towards him.

Mrs. Deaton grabbed me as fast as she could and cuddled me into her arms. I watched Julia run to my dad just like I did. My teacher reached for her but couldn't react fast enough.

My daddy grabed onto Julia and held a knife against her left cheek. She cried and wiggled but he didn't let go. "Give me my daughter!" He screamed. He wanted me.

I peeked my head around the corner and saw blood flowing from Julia's cheek. I closed my eyes and hoped it was all just a dream.