6

Luke : age 16

"Hey guys? Can I tell you something that you promise not to tell anyone else?" Luke said softly as they all sat on Michael's bedroom floor playing Battlefield. Luke sat between Michael and calum.

They mumbled back responses of 'okay' and 'sure'

Luke felt his nerves continue to build up to the point that tears were blocking his vision. He quickly blinked, making them spill over his cheeks because he still had to be able to see his game.

"I-" he started but the rest couldn't seem to come out of his mouth.

He bit his lip, trying to tell himself to quit crying, but more tears spilled from his eyes.

"Oh- Luke?! What's wrong?!" Michael asked, pausing the game.

Luke crawled over onto Michael's lap, and laid his head down, sobbing into Michael's shoulder.

"Luke, don't be scared. No matter what you say, were still gonna be your best friends." Calum said, rubbing Luke's back.

"I'm gay." Luke whispered, feeling an intense amount of relief wash over him that the words were finally out.

Michael held Luke so tight, and felt himself smile. He was proud of Luke.

"Luke, I'm so proud of you." Michael whispered. Luke looked up at him, and smiled. To Michael, it seemed as if the brightness came back to Luke's eyes.

"We're both proud of you." Calum said, making Luke feel so happy.