Chapter Five // A Mistake

-Elliot's POV-
A few weeks have gone by since Olivia and I slept together. We haven't talked much, it's been different, she only talks to me when needed if we didn't work together we probably wouldn't talk at all. I've attempt to start conversation, but she just doesn't care.

After work I go home to an empty house, the kids are away at friends, Kathy is at a spa retreat with friends in Florida. So what else can I do other than drink? I pulled out my good scotch and sat on the couch watching tv.
Before I know it the bottle is gone and I'm calling Olivia over. She comes, which surprised me cause I didn't expect her to. Once she arrived I opened the door for her tell her to come in she could tell I'm drunk. She sat me down and sat next to me.

"Liv listen" I hiccup smiling at her

"I love you, I think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in sorry for being such a dick I was just confused about what happened. I miss you"

"El.. You're drunk" Olivia kisses his head

"Well if we're stating facts then listen to what I'm telling you. You're beautiful, intelligent, sexy and I hate not talking to you it kills me"

I kiss her and she doesn't pull away, we get intense really fast. We stand up and go to the bedroom stripping down as we approach the bed. She laid me down and showed me exactly how much she missed me too. 

-Olivia's POV-

I can't believe I let it happen again and this time he's drunk, so drunk he won't even remember. Hopefully in the morning he doesn't freak out.

I watch him fall asleep after. He's so handsome, I kissed his lips and snuggled into him and fall asleep.

In the morning I wake up to probably to best thing ever. Elliot is on top of me kissing my neck. I wrap my legs around him.

"Good morning handsome."

He smiles and kisses her "good morning liv"

"What do you think you're doing"

"I was just trying to wake you up so we can repeat last night"

I giggled as he took me, it was amazing. I didn't want it to stop, but all good thing... All great things have to come to an end.

Elliot held me for a while then we heard the front door open and my god, my heart never felt like exploding more than it did in that moment.

"Dad? Mom? We're home!"

It was Dickie and Lizzie

Elliot got dressed as fast as he could and went down stairs to distract his kids while I snuck out.

"Hey kids how was your night?"

"It was okay" Dickie puts his bag down

"It went fine, hey dad? Is Olivia here?"

Elliot starts to sweat and stutter a bit

"No..No why would you ask that?" He shook his head

Lizzie looks at him confused "Well then whose car is in the driveway?"

-Elliot's POV-

Fuck fuck fuck her car how did I not think of her car.

"Oh wait yeah she is here. She came over last night and her car broke down when she was trying to head out. So I had her stay in the guest room. I had a few drinks last night so I didn't quiet remember what happened."

Olivia hears his lie to them and walks in to kitchen.

"Hey guys morning, El thanks for letting me crash last night. The mechanic should be here soon"

"Anytime liv"

Dickie and Lizzie hug her happy to see her asking her how things are and such.

She leaves acting like the mechanic is outside but really just gets in her car and leaves.

Dickie looks at Elliot as soon as the door closes "So.. Where's mom? "

"A retreat she left yesterday morning"

"Yeah? What did you and Olivia do last night all alone?"

"Dickie don't start"

"I'm not starting anything dad just wondering what two adults alone do."

Lizzie crosses her arms " yeah daddy what were you and Olivia up to all night"

"Stop! I'm not having this conversation end of story."

"Does mom know that Olivia spent he night?"

"DICKIE!"

"What I'm just asking..."

"I have to go I'll be late for work"

I hug them and get ready for work then head out.

Precinct - Cribs

I texted Olivia to meet me in the cribs to talk.

"Hey El what's up?"

I could resist I had to kiss her.
So I did, "god she has the softest lips" I continued to kiss her. We fooled around for a bit, she blew me right there when anyone could walk in but she didn't care. After she sat next to me.

"Liv listen if we're going to do this we have to be careful about it."

"I get it El."

"It can be our dirty secret" he kisses her smiling.

----What do you guys think? Even if you hate it I want to hear about it please leave a comment. Thank you for reading. Hint for next chapter(mistakes are often made, good things don't always last)  ---