Chapter Ten // Of All Days

-Olivia's POV-

"I did exactly what I was trained to do. I did what was best for the situation. I didn't want my partner to get hurt."

"We're not implying that you did Detective. We're just trying to get the story straight."

-Fin's POV-

"Detective Benson did what was right. Took all necessary precautions before acting. Stabler got shot not because Detective Benson messed up, he got shot because he just came to work at the wrong time."

"So you're saying its Detective Stabler's fault that he got shot?"

"No, just, wrong place wrong time. Bad things happen everyday."

-Cragen's POV-

"Olivia Benson did everything by the book, but not everything goes how it's supposed to. You guys should know that."

"We do, but a detective was shot and so was a mentally ill person. We're just doing our job."

"Do it better."

The Day Before

-Elliot's POV-

"Liv! We got a suspect!"

"Who?"

"Liam Garth, 17"

"Okay let's go question him"

"Already on top of it"

I pointed to the interview room

"How'd you get him in here so fast?"

"Wasn't hard to find"

We talked to the suspect until he snapped telling us everything.

"Okay, Okay, okay, I did it! I cut that bi-"

His lawyer interrupts him

"My client is mentally unstable, he can't be held for his actions in a court of law."

"Bullshit, you're gonna throw that card?!"

"Yes detective, he's had mental problems his whole life I'm sure you read that in his reports. Or did you not take the time to even look?"

Sure enough it was there, but there was a detail they over missed.

"He wasn't insane when he girlies the girl try again. He took his meds for three weeks and after the second week is when he killed the girl. The meds effect after day three."

"Deal?!"

"Out of the question."

We walked out of the room.

He spent the night in the cage since he was going to be arraigned in the morning.

Olivia and I head back to her place after work.

-Olivia's POV-

It's a perfect day so far waking up next to my boyfriend, who is as cute as a button when he sleeps. I got up and headed to work early either Elliot or I had to be there for Liam Garth's arraignment. I decided to let him sleep.