Chapter Thirteen // Excuse Me?

-Elliot's POV-

The doctor finally came out

"Ms. Benson is in recovery, her and the baby will be just fine, but we would like to keep her here for a few days just to keep an eye on the two of them."

Did I hear him right? Olivia and a baby?

"Wait did you just say baby?" Cragen looked at the doctor

"Yes, Olivia is almost 2 months along."

Cragen looked at me

"I had no idea"

I didn't think much about it I jut wanted to see Olivia. So he let me go back and see her. I sat in a chair next to her bed holding her hand waiting for her to wake up. But just seeing her beat up drove me nuts. I kissed her head and left.

I went to the precinct calm, put my gun on Cragen's desk so I won't have to later. Once I entered that interrogation room I snapped. I locked the door then picked Jared up and threw him at the wall. I punched him knocking him, he grabbed me trying to throw me on the ground so I picked him up slamming him on the table. We throw punches at each other as Everyone tries to get the door open but I put a chair under the handle as well to give me more time. Right before I'm about to knock him out grabbing ahold of his shirt. He looks at me

"Do it, you coward."

I look around and realize what I'm about to do

Casey looks at the situation
"Don't do it Elliot"

I get up throwing him and move the chair, open the door and leave the precinct. Everyone looks at me shocked yet they don't stop me because they wanted to do the same thing.

I went back to the hospital to spend as much time with Olivia before I got arrested. Cragen came in since he wasn't at the precinct to stop me.

"Elliot..we need to talk. Now."
His voice was stern. I got up and went with him. Olivia was still asleep.

"Yeah cap"

"No charges are being brought against you, but I can't let this go unpunished. You're suspended starting now"

"THATS BULLSHIT."

"HEY! You're lucky I'm not taking your shield!"

I nodded my head, clenching my jaw.

"I understand why you did it. But you can't go around beating suspects up."

"I know that"

"Then just be happy with your suspension and be lucky you're not in the cage."

I let a deep breath out through my nose and went back into Liv's hospital room. I got into the bed with her holding her tight, and fell asleep.

-Olivia's POV-

I wake up with my face in Elliot's chest. Rubbed his chest to wake him up. The look he had on his face when he woke up, nothing in the world could beat that. He kissed me, God his lips are soft, and hugged me as tight as he could without hurting me.

"Hi"
I smiled up at him

"Hi beautiful"
He pushed my hair out of my face putting it behind my ear.

"I love you"

"I love you too Liv"

-Elliot's POV-

After about thirty minutes I thought it was time to ask her about what the doctor told me.

"Liv" I kiss her head

"Yeah El?"

"Why didn't you tell me?.."

"What about?"

"You know what."

"The baby?...."

I nodded my head slowly "yeah the baby"

"I just thought you wouldn't want anything to do with it, you were back with Kathy when I found out."

"Liv, of course I want something to do with it. I'm not that kind of guy. If Someone has my kid I would like to be there. "

She nodded her head and snuggles into me more.

After a couple of days I took Olivia home and got her settled in. Once she was asleep I went home. I help Kathy do the dishes once dinner is over and he kids are in their rooms.

"Hey Kath we should talk"

"What about?"

"Wanna sit?"

"Is it serious?"

"You could say that"

We both sat at the kitchen table. I look at her and get choked up.

"Elliot?" She grabs my hands

I look up at her fighting back tears

"Liv's pregnant"

I look off to the side clenching my jaw not able to look at her. She lets go of my hand and leaves without saying a word.

Next thing I knew my clothes were getting thrown down the stairs and Kathy was yelling at me to get out.

"Kathy stop!"

The kids open their doors

"GET YOUR STUFF AND GET OUT"

"Kids go back in your room please everything's okay" I shut their doors

"Kathy!"

"DON'T COME NEAR ME!! HOW COULD YOU? I THOUGHT WE WERE WORKING THINGS OUT!"

"I didn't expect this! She's 2 months along how was I suppose to know that she was pregnant when she didn't even tell me?"

"I can't do this anymore!"

"Please"

"No! Get your stuff and go Elliot, please"

I took a step closer to her

"Please"

She started to break down and cry went to her and grabbed her pulling her into my chest even though she was fighting it, hitting me.

Eventually she fell asleep from crying so much I laid her down and cleaned up the clothes, checked on the kids and slept on the couch.

In the morning the kids go to school. Kathy and I sit in the living room.

"What do you want from me Elliot?"

"I just want to talk"

"About what? How you betrayed my trust? Then I took you back and now your mistress is pregnant. How do you want me to react?"

"I'm not sure, I'm still trying to figure things out myself"

"Typical"

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"You never know what to do until it's too late and then you're in a situation you can't get out of"

"I'm sorry"

"I want a divorce"