Chapter 31

Yuri and Jessica were walking home from the park hand-in-hand when they ran into a little bit of a problem. What should they do when they arrive in front of Jessica’s door? They stood in front of the door, unsure of what they should do or say each other.

“Uh…” Both hesitated. “You go first then_” Again, they said it at the same time and just smiled shyly. An awkward moment of silent begins again.

“Do you…want to come in?” Jessica hesitated but asked shyly. “I mean, since Tiffany won’t be home until a while…you can play with me. I mean, you keep me company. I mean_” Oh great Jessica. You’ve said all the wrong things to say. Jessica thought wanting to slap herself.

“Uh…sure?” Yuri replied.

“If you don’t want to, you don’t have to.”

“I do!” Yuri exclaimed. “I mean I don’t want to bother Taeyeon doing her homework over there. It would be great if I can stay in yours for a little while.” She pulled it off.

“Ok…” Jessica responded. They stood there for another ten seconds without doing anything. “Yuri ah…”

“Huh?”

“You have to release my hand…I can’t get the keys in my left pocket.” Jessica said softly staring at her hand. After she heard what Jessica said, Yuri released her hand and Jessica was able to get the keys to open the door. Finally the door was open and the two went in then close the door behind them.

Jessica sat down on her bed and Yuri sat next to her. They had a little moment of silent since neither knew what to say.

“Let’s watch TV.” Jessica suggested breaking their moment of silent. Once the TV screen fully loaded it was playing the movie Titanic. And the worse timing of all, it was the scene where Jack and Rose were kissing each other on the car. When Yuri and Jessica saw the screen, their eyes widen as they turned to each other. “Let’s not watch TV now.” Jessica said and quickly turned it of.

“Jessica ah…” Yuri called softy.

“Huh?” Jessica asked softly then turned to face Yuri. Her face was very close to Yuri’s and they stood in that position for the next ten seconds without saying anything.

“Do you want your special treat, now?” Yuri whispered breaking the silent.

“What special treat?”

“A kiss.” Yuri replied as she moves closer to Jessica’s face.

Hearing Yuri’s words, Jessica’s eyes widen. She was about to give in when, “Wait.” She said interrupting the moment.

“Why?”

“What if Tiffany gets home and sees us?” Jessica responded.

“The movie will take a while. Even if it didn’t…look, she forgot her keys. We’ll be ok.”

***

Knock. Knock. Knock. Someone knocked on the door. It wasn’t on the doors of Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room but was actually Taeyeon’s and Yuri’s room. Taeyeon was still doing her assignment when she heard the knock. She wondered who it is but stood up to open the door. Once she opened the door, she finds standing outside was…Tiffany.

“Tiffany…?” Taeyeon asked in surprised.

Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon then shyly said, “I forgot my keys and Jessica is probably sleeping so can I go through your bathroom doors?”

“Oh. Yeah, go ahead.” Taeyeon replied.

“Thanks.” Tiffany thanked then enters the room. As she headed for the bathroom door, she heard Taeyeon’s voice and turned around.