Chapter 35

After Tiffany stormed off, she went off campus to the mall. She wandered around and around the mall until late at night. By the time she returns to university, she saw Taeyeon sitting on a bench.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon called as she stands up and ran over to Tiffany. It seems like she has been sitting on the bench waiting for Tiffany the whole day. “Tiffany, let me explain.”

“Look, I don’t hate anyone as of right now, so don’t be the first person.” Tiffany stated pushing Taeyeon aside.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon yelled and ran in front of Tiffany. “Please, just hear me out.” She said.

“I’ll give you thirty seconds.” Tiffany stated.

“Come on, Tiffany. Don’t be like this.” Taeyeon protested.

“Twenty five seconds.”

“Fine. At first I didn’t know that you like me. And after everything I wanted to treat you better but someone challenged my feelings for you. And I…I wasn’t confident enough to say that I do actually like you…but now I know. I’m sure of it. Tiffany, I like you.” Taeyeon claimed.

“Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany chuckled in sarcasm. “Please stop messing around with me. One day you tell me you hate me. Then you wanted to be ‘back to before’. And the next day you just avoided me. And now you tell me that you like me?! Any sane person would have stopped believing your words a long time ago. Only the idiot like me believed you for the longest time. Now, please leave me alone.” Tiffany exclaimed and walked away.

“Tiffany!” Taeyeon shouted but Tiffany continues to walk away.

***

Exactly how Tiffany had said it, she wasn’t going to speak to Taeyeon again. The next few days of school, she did not talk to Taeyeon or even take a glance at her while Taeyeon was always gazing over at Tiffany.

“Give her some time,” Yuri said patting on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Maybe she doesn’t like me anymore. Maybe I should just give up.” Taeyeon replied softly lowering her head.

***

“Yuri ah,” Taeyeon called peaking her head in through the bathroom doors of Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room.

“Yuri went to get some food for me,” Jessica replied while lying on her bed reading a book.

“Oh…” Taeyeon nodded in acknowledgement as she scans around the room. Something suddenly caught her eyes, they were two large pink suitcases by Tiffany’s bed. “Is she going somewhere?” She asked.

“She’s going back to the States.”

“What?!”

“What do you think? After all this drama she’s been through with you, of course she would want to go back to the States.” Jessica stated coldly still sitting on her bed.

“When is she leaving?!”

“Next week, when the semester ends.”

After hearing Jessica’s words, Taeyeon was blown away. She walked back to her room without saying anything back to Jessica. Just mindlessly, she walks back to her room. She must hate me a lot now. I should just leave her alone. Taeyeon thought.

“Taeyeon, you were looking for me?” Yuri asked coming from Tiffany’s and Jessica’s room.

“Tiffany, she’s going back to the States, isn’t she?” Taeyeon asked still sitting on her bed mindlessly. “She’s leaving because of me?”