Chapter 24

“Ya, Yuri ah. I didn’t know you had that in you.” Taeyeon commented when Yuri arrives in their room.

“I just felt annoyed.” Yuri responded then sat on her bed.

“It seems like that wasn’t the case. You were mad because they made fun of Jessica, right?” Taeyeon asked though she knew that she was right.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“It’s so obvious. You like Jessica. I can see it.”

Again, so clear about other people’s business when you’re so blind to your own. Yuri thought as she remembers her conversation with Tiffany last night. “You’re wrong.” She denied.

“Whatever, you know it’s true.” Taeyeon asserted. “Speaking of Jessica, what’s with her today? She never seemed to care about anything but did you see her getting all emotional? And what she said before she left?” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“Well, you should consider the fact that those guys were making fun of Tiffany, her best friend.” Yuri reasoned though she knows that Jessica sees Tiffany as more than just a best friend.

“But what does that have to do with me? I’m not her best friend.” Taeyeon raised her voice.

Yuri just shook her head at Taeyeon. “I still don’t get why you’re so heartless to Tiffany. She’s such a sweet girl.”

“Sweet? 52 missed calls, 18 voicemails, and 22 text messages? You call that, sweet?” Taeyeon questioned.

“Well, she’s a bit impatient and impulsive, that’s all.” Yuri rebutted still trying to defend Tiffany.

“You will never know how I feel, Yuri.” Taeyeon said as she lies down her bed, feeling defeated by Yuri’s stubbornness.

“And you will never know how she feels.” Yuri mumbled then she lies down and took out her phone. “How are feeling?” Yuri typed then sent the message. After a while of lying on her bed waiting, her phone vibrated signaling that she has received a new text message. She read it to herself, “Fine.” Yuri rolled her eyes at the response.

“Can’t you give me a better response than that?”

“Ok, how about, I am fine?”

“Ya, Ice Princess. Can’t you_” Yuri was typing the message when she received another one that says. “Actually, I am not fine. I was scared by your action early.” Reading the message in her mind, she chuckled a bit and wrote back another message. “If I hadn’t done anything, I’m sure you would have done something worse. Am I right?”

“Maybe.”

“Did you tell Tiffany what happened?”

“No. She didn’t ask. She’s just lying on her bed playing with her laptop. I would have been sleeping if someone hadn’t text me.”

“Hehe, sorry. Hey, Jessica. I’m bored, what do you recommend that I do?”

“I don’t know, sleep? And dream of me? That should be fun.”

“No wonder you sleep all the time. It’s so you can dream of me, right?”

“In your dreams. So yeah, you should go dream of me dreaming of you, so I can sleep too.”

***

“Ya, Jessica. Why are giggling over there?” Tiffany asked staring at Jessica from her bed.

“I wasn’t giggling. You must be schizophrenic.” Jessica responded denying the fact that she has been giggling while texting with Yuri.

“Whatever. Aren’t you usually asleep, at this time?” Tiffany asked again. This time she was smarter and slowly walks over to Jessica’s bed. She noticed that Jessica’s phone was vibrating next to her pillow, and before Jessica could grab it, Tiffany quickly snatched it away from her. “Ah…you and Yuri are texting each other. No wonder.” Tiffany asserted and looks through the texts that were exchanged between Yuri and Jessica.