Chapter 9 (Edited)

Damaria took a good look at Arturo and knew who he was. He was the type of person who would never admit to trying his best but would still try his best. She tried to be strict but she kept seeing him like he was when they were in high school. She glared at him for being the person she least expected and the person she didn't want to see. He was a haunting memory from her past. And people in her past always stayed in her past.

Arturo smiled and looked to Damaria, waiting. Damaria kept her glare, he wasn't going to break her, again. This time she was going to break him, slowly and painfully.

"So let's get this interview started." Damaria pulled out his resume and cover letter. She placed the file on her desk and flipped through the pages.

"Anytime you're ready." Arturo smiled. His dazzling teeth made Damaria angry. He was relaxed and calm. 

"Well I see you have experience. You work during the day somewhere else, I presume. Considering in your cover letter you had said that you were studying medicine." Damaria looked up from the papers and waited for him. She was hoping for him to elaborate.

"Yes, I'm working at a warehouse during the days. Just lifting products. And I am studying medicine." Arturo nodded and recounted the information on his resume and in his cover letter.

"Well if you were hired would working at night be easier or during the day?" Damaria wasn't sure how she was going to keep him around. But she couldn't decline him the job just because she knew him. She was going to look for a better reason.

Arturo watched Damaria's eyes, he had never met someone with such dark eyes. She seemed upset with him but her face didn't twist into a horrid expression. Arturo could've sworn that he'd seen her before somewhere. And it clicked. Like a light bulb went off in his head.

"I believe it would be best if I worked during the night. But I can also work during the days on the weekends."

"If you get the job." Damaria said, shuffling through the papers.

     Arturo nodded. He was becoming a little antsy. Damaria wasn't letting anything go. Every word he spoke was a letter too many he would regret.

     "Anyways Mr. Larsen, I believe I need to ask just one more question. So you know what it means to be a security guard?"  Damaria didn't really care if his answer was right or wrong she was already going to hire him since he was the only option.

     Arturo had practices this question. "A security guard has the duty of looking after the place he is assigned."

     Damaria nodded. Close enough, she thought. She stood up and so did Arturo. "Well Mr. Larsen I believe you have got the job an so I will be seeing you tonight. All the detail to the job are in this package." She said handing over a file.

Arturo shook hands with Damaria and then left her office. Not even a few minutes passed before Lance walked in. He was dressed in a business suit and he had designer sunglasses on top of his head.

"Damaria, dear little sister." Lance gave a grand gesture with his arms.

"Lance please do shut up." Damaria released a frustrated sigh.

"Why does my precious sister not adore her brother's greetings?"

"No, Lance I am just really annoyed at the moment."

"Well you want to go take a break, I'll run things here."

"You will not be able to handle it." She smiled. His was very amusing.