Chapter 40 (Edited)

The museum was flooded with people from all over the city. Apparently word got around about the new exhibit. Damaria sighed as she regarded the stacks of reports and bills she'd have to sign. This was another one of the many reasons she wasn't feeling well today. Recently sleep had been a problem for her. She kept remembering and kept seeing.

Taking a deep breath she picked a pen from her drawer and proceeded to read each paper before signing them. She knew that if she got all the work done then maybe she could finally have one dinner with Ryder and Libby.

Taking the next form a name caught her eye. Dexters's name was printed clearly on one of the sheets.

Damaria momentarily paused. He hadn't been seen for a while now, where had he disappear too?

Damaria took a deep breath and pushed the paper aside. She needed to speak with someone. Thinking quickly she dialled Catrine.

After several seconds of ringing, she finally answered. "Hello?"

"Ms.Ayda I would like to see you in my office please." Damaria kept it short; knowing Catrine she would tell the world before she got to Damaria's office.

"Yes of course." A few moments later Catrine had arrived at Damaria's office. "You called for me, Miss?" She stood at the door, patiently.

"Yes, please take a seat." Damaria gestured towards one of the chairs placed in front of her desk.

Catrine quietly sat down. She was terrified. Damaria was one woman she dared not to upset. Though over time Paige had explained that Damaria only seemed strict, Catrine couldn't get over the feeling that somehow Damaria was always mad at her.

"Ms.Ayda you are not in trouble. I just need to speak with about Mr.Blaze. Have you seen him recently?" Damaria inquired. Not reason to beat around the bush. She thought.

"Not recently ma'am. Actually while we're on the topic, no one has seen him. We've all tried calling him but he seems to have disappeared." Catrine looked mildly flustered from someone who was always cheerful.

"And left all his duties upon your shoulders. I would have preferred it, if you had told me earlier." Damaria remarked.

"I'm sorry. I was a little busy." Catrine bowed her head.

"No problem. I understand." She waved off.

"Miss.Allegra if I may, I need to ask how this came to your attention?" This question intrigued Damaria.

"I do not miss anything that happens in my museum." Damaria threatened.

"I see, miss. Well if that is all, I still have a lot of work to do." Catrine stood up abruptly.

Damaria analyzed Catrine one more time before nodding and dismissing her. Damaria never trusted the brown haired woman. She always seemed to too happy about everything. And to some degree Damaria knew that she was hiding something very important.

---

Paige entered Damaria's office and smiled softly. This was going to be hard question for her to ask but she needed to know what was wrong with Libby. She hadn't come to work for a couple of days now and she was starting to worry. The teenage, brown haired girl had taken a spot in Paige's heart.

Damaria glanced up at the intrusion but didn't point it out. She wasn't in the mood to fight. She just wanted all these papers signed and sent and Paige was the only one that could do that. Damaria was well aware.

So setting her pen aside she sat up straight and waited for Paige to begin.

"Miss.Allegra?" Paige inquired.

Damaria nodded.