Chapter 8 (Edited)

Damaria took a deep breath as she reached the house of Logan Ames. He had been a good friend of Lance's, aside from the fact that he was an immature and rude person. And that when their paths ha crossed they never ended happily. But Lance trusted him and so she had to trust Lance. It was a deal.

She walked up to the red brick house. It was a normal semi detached home. The drive way was paved to perfection and the garage door and front door were painted a chocolate brown. She always wondered where Logan would end up, this was not what she had expected.

Damaria took a deep breath and rang the door bell of the house. She waited for a good ten minutes before the for opened and there stood Harper. She looked as though she aged, just a bit. Damaria's heart jumped a little for joy. She and Harper had never gotten along. Ever. She was like a second Logan. They were always finding ways to make people around them miserable.

"Look what the cat dragged in?" She questioned, a smirk playing on her lips.

"I am here to speak with Logan." Damaria kept a calm and cool exterior. Harper loved to feast on prey that showed their weakness.

"Really now, and you think I'm just going to let you?" Harper leaned against the doorframe. A hand on her hip. She was chewing bubble gum and her face was caked with makeup.

"Harper this is not another reason for us to fight, I just need to speak with-"

"Me." Logan walked behind Harper and gave her a look. She huffed and then walked off. "Sorry about her, I-"

"I do not care for your apologies. I am only here because Lance asked for a favour." Damaria glared at Logan.

"Damaria I..."

"Listen Logan I am here to speak with Libby and you to about her stay."

Logan watched her for a moment before opening the door a little wider and letting her in. "I believe you should come in." They walked into the living room and Harper grabbed her purse.

"Logan I'm heading out." Harper walked out grabbing the keys and shutting the door behind her.

Logan sighed. "I appreciate you doing this for us."

Damaria rolled her eyes. "You both need a break. Clearly Harper is not the love of your life anymore."

Logan's eyes snapped to Damaria. "It's obvious isn't it?"

"Logan I will not speak ill of Harper, even if she hates me."

"You're to good to be true."

Damaria glared at him.

"Okay, I see you still have some hate directed towards me."

"I have a reason too."

A tense silence settled over the two.

"Well I guess you want to meet Libby." Logan stood up without an answer and walked towards the stairs. "Libby, pumpkin come down."

"Coming dad." Libby walked gingerly down the stairs. Her brown pony tail swinging around. She smiled, her cheeks were a little chubby and that made Damaria wonder about the problem between Harper and Logan. Maybe Libby didn't fit the description of perfect for Harper. There was definitely more to this than Damaria had first figured.

"You called dad?" The seventeen year old asked. Her eyes twinkled with a joyous spark that Damaria had only seen in one other person.

"Yes, Damaria is here to see you." Logan put an arm around Libby's shoulder.

Damaria stood up and took a deep breath. She didn't want hate to stand between her and Libby. Harper was a different story, but Libby possessed a nature of a gentile smile and kind posture.

"Hello Madame." Libby stuck her hand to shake.

"Damaria, would be fine." Damaria shook Libby's hand and Libby gestured for her to sit.

They sat down and Logan took charge of setting up some food. He came back a few minutes later with a tray of biscuits and three cups of coffee. Libby declined.

Damaria accepted the coffee but denied the cookies. She still had to get to work soon. Libby took initiative and started a conversation.

"So Damaria, I've heard only things from Ryder, all good." She smiled.

Damaria let a small smile slip. "Yes well I am not perfect. But I am glad that Ryder speaks well of me. But I am here to discuss about your living conditions." Damaria took a sip of her coffee. "I live in a small place so it will not be like your house. I also have a spare bedroom, so there is no need to share or sleep on the couch or floor. Also if you need anything at all, please do not be afraid to ask."

"Are we going right now?"

"I was hoping after school, I still have to get to work."

"I'll drop her at your place after school." Logan volunteered.

"No it is alright. Ryder will leave with her from school and come here to pick up her things." She turned to Libby. "You'll meet me at the museum and then after work we can all head home."

"Ryder works?"

"Yes he is starting today."

Libby nodded her head an smiled. "Well that sounds perfect."

Libby stood up to leave when Damaria called her back. "I will be dropping you off at school."

"Oh okay, I just need to grab my bag."

Logan walked Damaria towards the front door. He ran a hand through his dark hair before sighing. "I'm glad that Lance is such a great friend. And I'm glad he has a sister like you. I'm really glad you-"

"I understand." Damaria held up a head. "You do not need to be overly grateful."

A silence enclosed around them.

"Are we ready to go?" Libby walked down the stairs.

Damaria nodded. She walked towards her car and waited for Libby.

Libby stood by her dad. "I know both of you need some time off." She looked towards her dad. "Mom and you haven't been getting along. And if you two come back and aren't together. I understand."

"Libby, pumpkin. I'm sorry it's not working out. I am hoping that we can work things out. We want the best for you." Logan put a hand on her shoulder.

"Dad you don't have to sugarcoat it. " Libby shrugged her father's hand off her shoulder. And turned her back towards him. She walked off and didn't look back.

The two woman got in the car and Damaria started the car. It cooled down quickly and she drove out of the driveway.

They drove towards the school and Libby didn't make a sound. Damaria could tell that something had happened but she wasn't one to pry. Libby got out of the car and waved to Damaria before walking into school.

Damaria drove towards the museum. She was going to be late and she had an interview today. She was going to be behind in her work. She smacked the steering wheel in anger.

She rushed inside and made it to the office. Paige was waiting by the door.

"You can go in." Damaria's voice came from behind Paige.

"Sorry Miss I was waiting because Mr.Larsen is here." She pointed to a man sitting in the chairs located next to her office.

"I had business to take care of. But we will begin the interview right away." Damaria unlocked the door and walked in.

Arturo Jonathan Larsen walked into the office. He looked at the chair and then toward the woman sitting behind dark desk. He knew right away she wasn't going to make this interview easy. But he was here for a challenge.

-------------
Hey guys! Whatcha ya all think?
Vote and comment:)
Let me know.