Chapter 14: Letters and Roses

BELLA’S POV

It had been 3 days since the date with Justin and we had just been getting closer and closer although i’m starting to wonder whether he’s just playing me but he can’t be... He changed didn’t he?

Currently i was in the kitchen of the ‘Otters’ cabin making them lunch because they all wanted to go out for a picnic and so i opted to make the lunch although i was expecting some help but they all went to Justin to ‘set up’ the picnic... 

I placed the last sandwich in the wicker basket then began to clean the surface. As i was wiping down the marble surface little Tyler walked in with something behind his back...

“Hey there buddy, whatca’ got there?” I asked as i knelt down at his level. He slowly pulled from around his back a single red rose and a small note attached to it. He slightly blushed as he handed it to me. Awww...

“Dis is for you,” He said shyly. I gently took it out of his hands and opened the note...

“Hopefully you got this note from Tyler and he hasn’t spilled the beans about this small surprise...

Bella... The first time I saw you again I was stunned to find out that you were the shy girl back from Stratford High I used to bully. The guilt and regret still surges through my veins now but knowing you have forgiven me makes it slightly better.

J x “

I read the note over and over again obviously knowing it was Justin but i couldn’t get over the fact that he still felt bad for bullying me. But he never truly did anything to me although he tried to stop it once or twice, i get how you would do anything to keep your status...

“You have to follow me now,” Tyler spoke up. I looked up to him to see him now starting to walk over to the counter with the basket placed on top. He reached on tip toes trying to get it but unfortunately couldn’t. I giggled slightly and stood up with the note and rose still in hand. I brought down the wicker basket and handed it to him. He thanked me and led the way out of the kitchen, all whilst i was thinking of what was going on... 

We stopped by the living room door that led out to the hall where Austin and Mia stood. Austin with the rose and Mia with the note...

From the first day i saw you again to the day you took me to your shop i couldn’t get the thought of knowing i hurt you out of my head... And so i told you and seeing how you changed from being Happy and Confident to sad and distraught to the angry and hurt ripped at my heart. That same day you confessed that we had tortured you for someone else’s mistake and knowing i was part of that... Will never leave my brain...

J x” 

By now i had tears in my eyes. From his scruffy hand writing to the way he poised those words down on the paper made me think... Maybe he just likes me as a friend or maybe he’s trying to tell me he doesn’t like me the same way i like him...

“Bellwa, we gotta go,” I heard Mia say as she giggly took my hand in hers. I nodded and watched as the two boys took the basket and led us out of the cabin and down the steps to next see Nathan and Hayley.

“This is for you,” Nathan said shyly like Tyler. I smiled and took the 3rd rose from him and looked to Hayley as she handed the note to me. I smiled to both of them and straightened my back out to read the next note...

When you finally spoke to me after a whole week, it was like i was able to breathe again but my heart wasn’t aloud to beat again until you forgave me. And when you did, it was like i was freed. Not having you speaking to me or the fact that you ignored me, partially killed me and by you forgiving me... You brought me back to life...