Chapter 2

Claire's P.O.V~

I rushed to class in an attempt not to be late on my second day. Maybe I should have allowed Kaoru to help me with directions? I shook the thought off and opened the door to my classroom. I secretly walked inside as the teacher was writing a math problem on the board.

Even though I was lucky enough to escape the look of dissapointment, students stared at me with curiosity. I took a seat at the back of the classroom, and shuffled through my books. Whenever I looked back up, Kaoru was standing in front of me with a devious grin.

"Hey- we met yesterday, do you want to be my partner?" I smiled and nodded my head. His voice sounded a little deeper then it had yesterday, but I ignored my instincts.

He pulled up a seat beside of me and took out a worksheet we had to finish before the end of class.

"What brings you to Ouran?" He asked as he grabbed a pencil off of my desk. I mentally chastised him about taking things without permission, but instead grab it out of his hands with a playful smirk.

"My mother moved to expand her business. She owns a well-known fashion company called Fisique." I informed as I began to work on the first problem.

"Do you have any hobbies or interests," he asked as he copied my work.

"Aren't partners supposed to work together? I feel like I'm being interrogated," I joked. He grinned and flipped his hair dramatically.

"I thought you would have been excited to work with me! After all, I am Hikaru Hitachiin." I looked at him with confusion obvious in my expression.

"I- I mean Kaoru. Kaoru Hitachiin."

"You're not Kaoru, I knew it! But you look just like him?"

"What do you mean you knew it?" He asked dumbfounded.

"I don't really know how to explain it. It's just that there's a difference. I probably sound crazy," I rambled. As I said that, the door busted open and an identical Hitachiin walked in. He gave his brother an evil glare whenever he realized he was sitting with me.

"Please try to atleast be here remotely close to the bell Hikaru," the teacher scolded.

"I'm Kaoru," he sternly stated and then took a seat in front of us.

"You didn't wake me up this morning!" Kaoru angrily said to Hikaru.

"I don't know what you mean," Hikaru innocently said. I just stared at them, completely confused as to what was going on. Kaoru then looked at me and laughed.

"We're twins if you're wondering," he said with a chuckle.

"Oh- because that makes alot more since then a doppleganger from the future," I commented. Hikaru laughed and looked back at his brother. He mouthed something to Kaoru, and Kaoru rolled his eyes.

"So- since I'm already finished and you guys clearly are either having problems or are just too lazy, I am going to look the other way as you copy off of me." Hikaru pulled my paper close to him and finished writing down the problems.

"Why did you introduce yourself as Kaoru," I questioned.
"No reason," he plainly responded.

"Alrighty then," I replied with annoyance obvious in my tone. They were beyond confusing, they were bizarre.

"Thanks for helping us out," Kaoru politely said as he handed me back my paper. I smiled and he reddened once more. He was alot softer then Hikaru.

The bell rang and I turned in my paper. Before I left, I waved goodbye to the twins and put my books up for lunch. I didn't intend to eat, because I already had plans to practice on my piano notes. I heard there was a music room so I decided to hurry inside. There was less instruments then I thought, and I only saw a single piano. For it to be such a "rich" school, you would think they would have a bigger variety.

I took a seat at the grand piano and hit a few chords to make sure it was in tune before I began to play several of my favorite french melodies.

I got carried away, and before I knew it; I was singing along. I heard a shuffle behind me and instantly stopped. I turned around and saw a boy with glasses staring at me.

Kyoya's P.O.V~

Damn Tamaki. He forgot to update the club hours which means I have to do it. Usually I wouldn't mind, but with this stupid bet causing chaos among the hosts; I have to be on edge 24/7. As I approached the door, I heard a mesmerizing rhythm come from the room. I put my ear against the door and listened to someone sing along to the song in French. I couldn't help but become entranced in the voice. It was honestly the most breath-taking sound I had ever heard.

I cracked the door open quietly and walked inside to see where the music was coming from. It was Claire. I smiled as I grabbed my spare notebook and a few pencils. She must have heard me, and turned around in shock.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know this was being occupied," she said awkwardly as she blushed.

"I was actually just gathering a few things. You have a lovely voice," I complimented. She smiled and stood up.

"I should get going, it was nice meeting you," she said as she walked past me.

"I was actually wondering if you would like to come here at the end of school? We have a club and our pianist canceled last minute. I could really use you," I beckoned. She stayed quiet and looked as if she was debating it.

"What club?" Shit. I love the club, but sometimes it's hard to explain without sounding like a total douche bag.

"A dancing club," I lied. She smiled and walked closer to me.

"Oh I love to dance! Maybe I can teach you a few moves if you would like?" She asked as she helped me with my notebooks.

"I would like that very much." She smiled and hurried out the door. Kaoru was right, this would be alot harder then I thought. A pang of guilt washed over me for lying to her. Hopefully she wouldn't be too angry with me. After all, I will win her heart.....