Chapter 10

Hermione and I were sat outside, whilst Noelle was sleeping in the tent. We left her to it because she had dark rings under her eyes, and she still had a headache from her fall.

I was sat against one tree, whilst Hermione was sat against the other tree, opposite me.

I was thinking about our trip to Godrick's Hollow. Was the snake actually Nargini? One of Voldemort's horcruxes? Because Hermione suggested that one of the horcruxes would be there, but we had to go. It meant something to me, but it also meant something to him too. Me, because my parents were murdered there. Him, because he almost died there. So, there was definitely a connection.

"At the house, you asked who the boy in the picture was" Hermione said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I said, and Hermione looked up at me, from her book.

"I know" she said, and I shifted my position. "Grindelwald"

"The wander maker? And speaking of which, where's my wand?" I asked, and she just looked at me apologetically. "Where's my wand Hermione?"

She got up, and uncovered the floor, and I saw my wand had been broken into two pieces.

"Before we left, I cast a curse and it rebounded. I tried to me-" she said but then I interrupted her.

"It's done" I said and then I looked at her.

"Go inside and get warm, but leave me yours, and I'll take the horcrux"

She handed me her wand, and the horcrux, and got up from the blankets. She left them, and then went inside the tent, so I decided to put the horcrux around my neck and then wrap myself in one blanket and sit on the other.

I moved my wand from underneath me, so that the blanket would be more comfortable to sit on. I put my wand next to me. Then, I pulled a piece of broken mirror from my pocket, and looked into it, not seeing the familiar man there. So, I decided to throw it only the floor, and I put my head back against the tree trunk.

Then, a blue light appeared near the river. I noticed that it was moving closer to me, but I still couldn't get a clear vision of it.

When it got close enough, I saw that it was a patronas. I didn't recognise whose it was though.

I got up slowly, as it carried on coming towards me. After, it started walking away, so I decided to follow it through the forest. I followed it through a fair few trees, and it lead me to a part of the river.

I looked under the ice and noticed that there was something there. Focusing, I looked closer and noticed that it was the sword of Gryffindor. What was that doing underneath the ice?

I looked up again, and noticed that the patronas was gone. I'm guessing that it wanted me to come here.

But wait.

This reminded me of a conversation that I overheard from Hermione and Noelle. It only takes that in which makes it stronger!

I remember Hermione saying that I struck the Basalisk with the sword, which would have impregnated the sword with the Basalisk venom. That makes the sword more powerful, and eligable to destroy horcruxes!

I stepped on the ice, but then it started cracking, so I stepped back off of it, and stripped down to my underwear. Yes, it was cold, and yes, there was frost everywhere, but I had to get the sword if we were going to destroy it.

After grabbing Hermione's wand, I pointed it at the ice and cast a spell, creating a hole in the ice, just in front of me. I threw the wand onto my pile of clothes, and then jumped into the water.