If You Ever Come Back (21)

Chapter 21

The school entrance were surrounded by glowing lights. Each student must register to the registration booth and they'll be receiving their mask. After signing my name, the girl named Carla gave me a name tag.

"It's up to you what name you'll be writing there but be sure to wear it okay?"

I just nodded and got the pen. I named myself 'Skylark'. That'll be my name for tonight. With that. I wore my mask.

I noticed that Drake's name was 'Revenge'. Weird isn't It?

A few minutes later, the chairs were starting to fill. Each one of us were sitting on a soft velvet stool.

I had a hard time recognizing the people because they were all wearing their masks.

Whenever someone greets me and says that my dress looks good, I just thank that person with out even knowing who It was.

Drake sat beside me. He told me that I won't be entertaining any guys tonight.

Because I don't wanna argue, I just nodded. As If I'm going to talk to any of them. I won't most especially when you don't recognize the guys you're talking to.

A minute later, everybody settled down. The principal went on the stage and welcomed all of us.

"Good evening my dear students. Welcome to our school's home coming ball. I can see that all of you looks stunning tonight. Well, the purpose of this event Is to let you socialize with different and random schoolmates and classmates. I want you to have fun tonight. So, let us now start the ball! There will be foods on the right side of the lawn. There will also be games.. Have fun once again!"

We all clapped and everybody started heading to where they want to go.

I just stayed on my sit. I just enjoyed the moment. Some eating, chatting, playing those funny games, and some dancing.. Life Is just so different when you're in college already.

Drake excused himself and told me that he's going to get us some drinks.

I just nodded. Whatever he wants.

He returned with a punch in his hand. He offered me the other punch.

Num. It tastes like four seasons with a vodka in It.

I just stayed there the entire time until I recognizes someone in front of me.

Clark.

I can tell that It was him because of his dark hair. He looks very handsome.

I can't say that he's looking at me because he to, was wearing a mask.

In his name tag It reads, 'Missing You'.

Weird.

He has no date with him. But as he walked passed a 'herd' of girls, they started giggling and talking about how cute and gorgeous Clark was.

I ignored It. The more I think of him, the more I get depressed.

I focused to the couples dancing in the dance floor. Aww. They look good.

Someone caught my attention.

Lee. She removed her mask to wipe the sweat on her forehead. She was with her partner. Of course, Sky. They were dancing for a long time. When the music changed to 'sexy and I know It', Lee began grinding her body with Sky. Sky on the other hand was holding Lee's waist. Almost everybody did the same thing.

I scowled. Seeing my best friend with my ex, dancing like that made me flinch. I felt like puking. The song that best describes me was Bruno Mars' song. 'Dancing With Another Man'.