If You Ever Come Back (17)

Chapter 17

The conversation with Drake kept bugging me. I didn't have a good sleep because of It.

I can't dump Clark. He's a good friend of mine.. I don't wanna hurt his feelings but I had no other choice. I have to do It. Maybe he would understand. It's about taking chances this time.

Maybe I would regret this, but the situation leave me no other option. I don't want Lee to get hurt too.

I didn't have a good breakfast as well. I mean, I'm not saying that the food wasn't delicious but I kept staring to the pan cakes than eating them.

After eating breakfast, dad and I drove silently.

Classes went on and I didn't feel like listening to any discussions. I just draw random stuffs at my doodle notebook.

There were times that Clark asks me If I'm okay. Of course I lied. I kept telling him that I'm fine. I had this 'don't-you-dare-hurt-him' feeling inside me.

I really didn't want to hurt him. He's a wonderful person. He's important to me. I love him. I don't know If It's in a romantic way or not..

At recess as usual, Lee didn't join us. Since Sky studied here, she's always with him.

Clark and I went to the same place where we usually eat every recess.. The garden.

I had club house while he's devouring on his Tuna overload.

We just ate silently. I can't even think of a random topic.

How am I going to tell him that I'm no longer go with him in the home coming this coming friday? After everything he did.

I was startled when he spoke to me.

"Daniella?"

"Yeah?" My voice was shaky but I tried to keep It firm.

"Is something bugging you? I mean, It's like you're not the Daniella that I knew. I'm worried."

I could see the concern in his face.

"I'm fine C. Don't think about me.." I squeezed his hand.

This might be the last time that we'll be like this. Just the thought of Clark hating me makes me cry.

"Clark? Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure. Spit It out."

"There's this messed up girl who's torn in to two things. What If this girl hurt her friend? A very special friend.. If you were the her friend, will you hate her?"

He paused for a moment.

"It depends. It depends on her reason. If the reason is acceptable then I'll forgive her. If It isn't valid, It will hurt me forever.."

The word FOREVER made me flinch.

"So, let's say that the girl was me.. Will you get mad at me?" I crossed my fingers.

"Of course no matter what your reason is, that would hurt me. Because you mean a lot to me.. But, as I've said earlier that I will still forgive you depending on the reason.."

I'm totally fucked up. I feel awful.

"Well, I would definitely get hurt If you'll say that you no longer want me to be your date in the home coming this friday.."

His sentence stabbed something inside me.

"By the way. What color are you gonna wear for friday?" He asked me.