Chapter 12

"Kahlee!" I exclaimed as I hugged her.

"Hey!" she laughed and hugged me back. "How'd you escape from the Dragon Lady?"

"Simple really," Andy smiled.

"I moved out," I explained. Kahlee was silent for a moment; just staring at me and Andy.

"You... Moved?" she repeated. I nodded. "How'd she take it?"

I shrugged. "No clue. Betting she's disowned me though."

Kahlee nodded and we walked into the recording room to find the others setting up.

"Sarah!" Jinxx shouted. "You escaped the evil clutches of your mother?"

I nodded and smiled, actually proud of my accomplishment. Andy's fingers slipped between mine and I smiled even more. Everyone else hugged me and I laughed at CC's dark circles which weren't from makeup.

"Didn't get much sleep Christian?" I joked. He groaned and rolled his eyes playfully.

"I was up being a taxi for a certain girl," he winked and took his place behind the drum kit. The others took up their instruments and Andy dragged a microphone stand over from the wall. Kahlee and I sat on the unused speakers and watched them practise for their next tour.

The guys had finished almost all of their songs when I climbed off the speaker and took out my phone to order lunch. Pizza was probably best. I told Kahlee to tell the guys I was outside since the music would go through to the person on the other end of the phone.

I ordered the pizzas and came back into the recording room to see everyone huddling around Andy. I walked up to them and saw that Andy was holding my song book. I snatched it away from him.

"How much did you read?" I asked.

"Only the first song," Jake replied.

"These are for my eyes only," I explained. "And Andy. And maybe Kahls, if she wants to join."

"You should babe!" Ashley smiled, wrapping his arms around Kahlee's waist.

"Maybe," Kahlee said. "But if I do, we're gonna need a drummer."

I bit my lip. That was true.

"I may be able to help with that," Jake said. We all looked at him. "I know someone..."

"Oh really?" I cocked my head to the side. "Who is this mysterious person?"

"A friend," Jake replied.

"A girl friend?" Jinxx asked.

"She is a girl and she is my friend, but not a girlfriend..." Jake fiddled with the hem of his shirt. I could tell he was getting a bit uncomfortable.

"Well, go call this friend then Jake," I smiled, hoping to lift this awkwardness. It worked and Jake took out his phone and dialled in the number.

He got off the phone and turned to us. "She'll be here soon," he explained. We all nodded and I walked over to the microphone, my fingers traces over each bump and crevice.

"Getting used to it babe?" Andy asked. I nodded and gripped the microphone. Ashley reached over to the control board and turned on the microphone and his bass guitar. He handed it to Kahlee and she stood next to me.

"Can we get a little help Christian?" I asked. He looked at me and Kahlee. "Since we don't have a drummer until Jake's friend shows up." I explained. He nodded and took his place behind the drums again.

"What do you want to play?" he asked, picking up his sticks from the ground.

I thought it over and remembered the night Andy and I had our first kiss. I closed my eyes and tried to think of the song that was playing.

"Grow Up by Paramore," I smiled and Andy chuckled. He remembered too. This was also the song I used to warm up my voice. Pure coincidence.

CC counted us in and Kahlee and I played our first song together.