Chapter 21

"I'm taking over, shot to the new world order..."

Andy stopped singing and everything was a blur. A deafening shot, a loud thud, screams filling the air. I turned towards the stage to see Andy on the ground, the others racing to help him. My heart stopped and I couldn't breathe. I felt two strong arms hold me back and I realised what had happened.

"No!" I screamed, refusing to be held back. "Andy!" I fought my way from security's grip and ran to Andy. Jake and Jinxx spotted me and tried to stop me. I pushed past them both and knelt down next to Andy's frail body.

"Andy..." I whispered, cupping his face in my hands. He let out a small groan. I held him close to my chest and tried to move his hand off of his stomach. He winced as the pressure stopped and revealed where the bullet made the impact. It took all of my self control to quickly but careful try to remove the bullet. But I couldn't find the bullet, and I knew that was a bad sign. Andy's blood covered my fingers and was pulsing out quicker than we could stop it. I pulled off my over shirt and pressed it to Andy's side. He winced again but laid back on my shoulder.

"Sarah..." he let out, barely a whisper. "I... I love... You..." His eyelids closed and breathing became worse.

"Andy?" I breathed. "Andy?! Andy!"

I called his name time upon time again. "Andy! No! Stay with me!"

"Stay with me..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My breathing was broken, my face was red and tear stained. CC had me on his lap, a firm hold on my shoulders in an attempt to comfort me. It was working, to some extent. His hugs were great, but not like Andy's. I sighed. The thought of Andy made my chest tighten.

I felt my eyes close and CC pulled me closer to his chest. Even though my eyes were closed, tears still managed to escape them. I could hear everything that was happening around me. Nurses and doctors rushing down the hallways, doors opening and closing, revealing only parts of what was happening in the ER, kids begging to know what's happening to their parents, parents wanting to know what's happening to their kids. Kahlee, Ally and Ashley were conversing quietly in the corner, Jinxx was on his phone and TJ and Jake were talking to CC about what's going to happen now.

"Now, we wait," CC replied and that was the end of the conversation.

I had completely lost track of the time since we got to the hospital. I opened my eyes and looked at the clock. 10:49. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how long we had been here for. We got here at 8:37 after being rushed from the concert. That means we had been in the waiting room for 2 hours and 12 minutes, making it about 3 hours since my last cigarette. I released myself from CC's arms, grabbed my lighter and cigarettes from my bag and slowly trudged outside.

It was a bit ironic; having a drag outside of a hospital, but it was the only thing that could keep me sane. I sat down on the sidewalk and pulled out a single cigarette. I held it between my lips and tried to light it, but I was shaking too much to hold the lighter still. I finally managed to calm myself and light the cigarette. I took in the first draw and breathed out, smoke circling around me. I laid my head back against the wall and took in another breath, my thoughts always tracing back to the events of tonight.

The doors opened and Kahlee emerged, her head turning left and right, looking for me.

"Down here," I said, taking in another draw. Kahlee turned towards me and knelt down.

"He's awake," she informed me. My eyes widened and the cigarette fell put of my mouth, landing on the gravel. "We're allowed to see him."