Chapter 13

-Alyssa's POV-

I knocked on Sarah's door. There was no reply. I knocked again. Still no reply. I turned the door handle but thought against it. Maybe she wanted to be alone. I sighed and walked back to my room. Sure, she was different, but she was still my sister and I loved her. I sat down on my bed and crossed my legs. Brittle found her way to me and meowed. I put my hand out to pet her and she pressed against me, starting to purr. She usually spent most of her time with Sarah, she even slept in Sarah's room. But if Sarah had the door shut, how did Brittle get out? I ran back to Sarah's room and opened the door.

Everything was gone. Her posters, her drawings, her clothes. I stared around the room. She was gone too. I sat down on the bed and my hand brushed against a piece of paper. I picked it up and read what was written in a rushed script.

I stood and went to find Mom. She was in the kitchen, fixing lunch. She looked up at me as I entered. I handed her the note and she took it. She read it and placed it down on the bench then continued to make lunch.

I stared at her. "Do you even care?!" I shouted, hitting my palms against the bench.

She looked at me plainly then shook her head. "Good riddance to her."

"She's your daughter!"

"I have another."

I scoffed. "I now see why she left. Never know, if you keep treating me like this, I might leave too." I turned on my heels and slammed my bedroom door. She didn't care about her daughter moving because she had another? Bitch! It's as if she wishes Sarah was adopted. But she wasn't. I was there the day she was born. I don't remember much but I know she definitely wasn't adopted. She had inherited our Grandmother's dark hair and green eyes. I had our father's blonde hair and mother's blue eyes.

I sighed and picked up Brittle. Was she now mine? I had no way of knowing. Except if I was to text Sarah. I looked at my phone on my desk. I placed Brittle on my bed and reached for the phone.

-Sarah's POV-

Kahlee and I finished the song and I laughed. The thrill of even just having a microphone in front of me was making me stand on edge. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. The guys, who had almost finished off the pizzas, applauded us. I smiled and took a bow.

Andy stood up and handed me my phone. "Text from Alyssa," he explained. I stared at him. Was he joking?

I took my phone and read the text.

From: Ally

"You moved?"

I sighed and texted her back.

"Obviously. How'd the 'parents' take it?"

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and turned back to the others. I smiled falsely, but they seems to buy it. I went to grab my song book and flip through to a song I wanted to practice. My phone vibrated again.

From: Ally

"She doesn't even fucking care! Dad doesn't know. I swear to god, if I was in your position, I'd do the same thing. Brittle and I miss you."

I texted back.

"Well at least someone does. You can have her by the way."

"Where are you going to live?"

"With Andy."

"Oh."

I didn't bother to reply. I was too busy figuring out what sounded the best with the lyrics of my song.

"Can we do that again but with a G instead of an A?" I asked Kahlee. She nodded and played the first verse again. I turned to Andy for his opinion. He nodded and gave me a thumbs up. So this song was going well.

There was a knock at the door and we all turned to see who was there. It was a girl about a few years older than me and Kahlee, with flaming red hair and piercing grey eyes. She was pretty, to say the least. Jake hugged her and everything clicked. This was Jake's friend, our new drummer, if she wanted to join.

Jake introduced us all to 'his friend who was a girl but not his girlfriend'. "Guys, this is TJ," he said. "Tee, this is Andy, Ashley, CC, Jinxx, Sarah and Kahls."

We all waved and I adjusted the microphone before switching it off. "Jake says you're a drummer?"

TJ nodded. "You looking for one?"

I nodded too. "Interested?"

TJ nodded again. "I'd love too."

"Brilliant," I smiled and walked over to where CC was currently helping himself to the pizza. "Leave some for us!" I laughed and grabbed a piece. "Want some?" I asked TJ.

She shook her head. "No thanks."

I shrugged and ate my pizza. Andy came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my cheek. Jinxx explained to TJ that Andy and I were together and so were Kahlee and Ashley.

I finished my piece of pizza and pushed the guys out if the room, convincing them that we had to practice together as a band with no distractions. Andy snuck a kiss from me and smiled. "Have fun princess."

"Will do," I winked and locked the door. Andy pressed his face against the glass and I pulled down the shades. I turned back to Kahlee and TJ.

"So, what have you got so far?" TJ asked.

"Not so much," Kahlee replied. "A verse or two. It'd sound better with a beat."

TJ picked up CC's drumsticks, twirling them around her fingers. She played a basic beat and sped it up at the end, making sound a whole lot better. Kahlee joined in by playing what we had gotten so far and I sang the first verse. It was coming along so well. TJ kept with the basic beat throughout the song, only changing it during the chorus. Our first ever song was done.