Chapter 14

I ran out the door, pushing CC down in the process before taking Andy's hand and pulling him into the recording room. "What are you pulling me for?" he laughed.

"We finished a song!" I exclaimed as I pushed Andy to sit on a speaker. Everyone else filed in and I ran back to the microphone. We played and everyone was speechless. Kahlee went to sit with Ash, who was the first to speak.

"How'd you come up with that?" he asked, his hand entwined in Kahlee's free one.

I shrugged and turned off my microphone. "A fly actually."

Everyone laughed. "A fly?" Jinxx repeated.

I nodded. "It was trying to escape while," I paused. "While Liz was giving another lecture in how 'that emo boy is nothing but trouble'..."

I wasn't used to calling my mother by her first name, but since I didn't call her Mom anymore, I was going to have to get used to it.

"Well, he is nothing but trouble," Jinxx laughed. Andy smiled proudly. I rolled my eyes and he pulled me onto his lap.

"Have anything else to practise?" Jake asked. I saw him sneak a smile at Tee then I shook my head.

"I've only got the first song finished," I explained. Jake nodded and I felt Andy press his lips to the base of my neck. I blushed and shied away from him. He chuckled and wrapped his arms tighter around my waist.

"What about you guys?" I asked. "Has Tee heard you live?"

TJ shook her head. "I've heard Jake solo, but not like, all together..."

Andy patted my thigh, meaning he wanted me to get up. I stood and helped him up too.

"Do you want to..." Andy was cut off by his phone ringing. He turned his back to us and answers the call. I manage to hear bits of the conversation, but not enough to piece it all together. I turn to look at Kahlee and Ash, who both shrug. Andy ended the call and spun around to see us all staring at him.

"We need to go," he says plainly.

I look at him quizzically. "Why babe?"

"We have to sort stuff out for tour," he explains. "And you three are coming with us." He gestures to me, Kahlee and TJ. I reach for his hand, half expecting him to pull away. But he didn't. His fingers slipped in between mine, fitting together like pieces of a puzzle.

My mind clicked and I pulled the pen from behind my ear and wrote 'puzzle' on my wrist, to remind me of a song idea. Andy knew exactly what I was doing and smiled before kissing my forehead.