Ch 22: Out Of Reach

Gray's P.O.V.

These monsters were actually pretty strong. Even though they looked disgusting of course except for their wings. No wonder humans can't bring back people from the dead, because there are huge creatures covering the pathway.
Hopefully Natsu doesn't have it as bad as us. Hopefully. The idiot can't do anything for himself, but he does have the witch with him. But, I'm sure he isn't going to come back without Lucy.

Natsu's P.O.V.

Sister?

Since when did the witch have a sister, actually since when is her sister the one that can bring back the dead. I didn't even know she existed why am I so suprised?
"I need your help," the girl in the throne acted suprised and let out a small giggle.
"My help? I thought you hated me?", she sure was a sassy one. "Look, you need to help him! His fiancée just died, he needs your help. Please, I will give you anything!" It seemed like tears were starting to steam out of her eyes, but why? I know she had met Luce before, but I didn't know they were that much of best friends.

"Anything? Wow, you sure love this girl, huh? I mean it's me you're talking about. I won't just give you a simple task" she flipped her hair once more trying to show off her power. "Yes, sister, I understand and that's why I said it. Please bring her back."
"It's not up to me, Azu. You know the rules." So the witch's name is Azu? Azu nodded. "Very well, I guess I have to explain it to you." The girl turned to me, so I guess she was now talking to me. "If you wish to retrieve someone from the dead. There is simply one thing you need to do" she pointed at a door that had weird butterfly symbols printed on it almost like the cave. "What is that?" I asked. "In there are many beautiful two winged creatures which you know as butterflies. The floor in that room is sand, in that sand you must write the name of the person you want to revive. After that happens the butterflies will turn into different colors and designs. Those 'colors and designs' will represent the person's soul and personality. But, the actual butterflies will represent memories. So technically you're inside that person's mind. The most beautiful memories that person has experienced are going to be those butterflies. In every person's room, I guess you can call it, there is a transparent butterfly. If you manage to capture that butterfly and make it into a beautiful memory. The person will come back. As simple as that, but the person will not know you. Basically, it will be the first time she or he meets you. Also, you will only have one day, so work hard. So, that's the challenge. It doesn't matter who the person is. Boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, sister, brother, mother, father, friend, enemy, or even stranger. The rules are the same. Any other questions?"

I couldn't speak. I was speechless. So, I only have one shot at this? I have a single day to meet Lucy and make that day amazing for her. What if she gets a bad impression of me? Then I'm simply screwed? This is going to be harder than I thought.

"So? Are you going to save your wife? Or what?"