Ch 16: Can't Life Be Simple?

Lucy's P.O.V.

I had to pass by the town Saito and I lived in. Which gave my stomach a slight ache like butterflies, but I just thought of what he did to me while I was pregnant to push the idea away.
But, what made me keep my mind on him was that he said he had a 'crush' on me the whole time.

I wish I could have asked him when we were friends. That doesn't matter anymore because I have a daughter and fiancé that I love with all my heart.

Somehow this 'evil witch' lived in the center of the city. I asked a lady for the location of the witch and she simply said "go straight". And here I am, in front of a creepy and broken house, which is what I expected from an evil witch.
"Here we go" stepping an inch closer to the door, I pushed it open and it blasted open in a flash. "Hello?"

No one answered my call, so I asked once again "is anybody there?".

"Hello! Young lady, what brings you around?" I instantly stepped back and drew my key from my pocket and pointed it towards her body.
"Are you the witch this town is afraid of?" I asked the girl that seemed around my age, but a bit younger.

"Witch? If you count someone who uses potions a witch, then I guess I am" she calmly served a cup of 'what seemed like tea'.

"Want some? Or do you think it's poisonous?". I did think that afterall, but she seemed nice--ish.

"Why do the villagers think you're evil?" she looked at me confused for a few seconds, but then returned to her calm state.

"Well...many people were asking me if I could tell the future or something like that, so I tried and I ended up being really good at it".

She served another few drops into her cup and continued the short story.
"I was so good at it, well I still am, but people even made lines outside my house just to hear their future and crap. Since, so many people kept asking me I decided to start making a business out of it".

She took a small pause.
"And, people started, well...um... getting mad at me because when they asked me about their future and love life, sometimes I had to tell them that they would get fired from their job or they just wouldn't last in their relationships, so now they call me evil I suppose".

"Really?", I was totally suprised since that wasn't the story I was expecting at all.

"Yup, as simple as that, and if you want I could tell you about your future as a thanks because you didn't come to my home to insult me" she giggled and pulled my hand closer to her pale face. As she examined my veins, I thought of the many things she could say.

Me divorcing Natsu, Natsu getting injured on a mission, or even Nashi dieing.

She took a deep breath and spoke. "I can't see much of your future for some weird season, but I can see a wonderful relationship with a pink haired guy that will last ages and a child, girl I believe. I see her, but she's blurry!".

Blurry?

"Blurry? What does that mean?" My heart started beating fast, like if it would fly out of my chest.

"It means she is in a life or death situation, my vision see's only the future where everyone you love is alive, but if they seem to be very injured at the moment they look blurry and the more translucent they are the more 'closer to death' they are, I suppose you can say".

....

....

*gulp*

....

....

"How visible is she?"

....

....

"She's hanging on to her life by just a thread"