Trying to Forget the Past

"You might not want to talk about it Chloe.. But it might make you feel better." Harry glares at me while taking a sip of alcohol. He leaned back in his chair, putting one of his arms behind his head, still holding his glass in his other hand.

I pulled out a chair from the kitchen and sat across from Harry, leaning my head against the back of it. I stared at the ceiling for awhile, trying to find words to say.

"When I was younger, I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone... I was wrong... And now I know that the worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone..." My voice slightly cracked in result of trying to hold in the tears.

"And I don't know if you've ever felt like that... But it really hurts... It absolutely just tears your heart into millions of pieces." I continued to stare at the ceiling, running my fingers through my hair.

Things were silent for a little while, all except the clinging of the ice cubes in Harry's glass.

"I have tried, and tried for months to forget about my past... And I just can't do it Harry.." I lift my head up and see that Harry is glaring at me, almost looking straight through me.

Harry sets his glass down on the table and leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Is he here? In London?" Harry looks into my eyes, frowning a little. My eyes widen. 

"W-Who? What do you mean?" I break eye-contact with Harry and look over to the table, realizing Harry was tapping his fingers very loudly. "Come on Chloe... You know what I mean, don't play this game with me... I will fucking kill him, I swear." His jaw clenches. I get up from my chair and stand up, leaning against the wall.

"I don't know what you're talking about... Just drop it Harry... Forget I even said anything." I roll my eyes and walk out the front door and sit on the porch.

Harry follows me, making sure he grabs his drink. He walks out and leans against the open door frame. "It's Adam... Isn't it?" Harry says while taking another sip of vodka.

I don't answer him, so he asks again. "His name is Adam... Isn't it?"

"How'd you know?" I whisper, staring off into the distance. He walks out of the door frame, shutting the door behind him.  

"You can't hide anything from me Chloe... Believe me... Now are you going to tell me what happened, or am I going to have to figure it out for myself?" He puts both hands against the wall, facing the opposite direction from me.

"I'm not going to have this conversation with you Harry.. It's none of your business.... And how did you figure out about Adam?" I looked over to see his fists clenched against the wall.

He turns around and throws his cup into the street.

"Just like you said Chloe.... 'It's none of your business'... But the funny thing is; is that it is my business. You're my business now." He paced back and forth for a little bit.

"Can you please just tell me how you know about him? P-Please?" I walked towards him and stood directly in front of him. I looked up at his face and a small smile crept onto his lips. 

"Let's just say... I know some people." He wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me up and setting me against the wall, Putting his arms beneath my thighs, holding me up so I was face-to-face with him.

I tilted me head and he put his face closer to my ear, whispering into it. "If you won't tell me who Adam is and what happened with him, I guess I will have to make you tell me." 

My eyes fluttered and my heartbeat increased rapidly. I didn't say a word, not because I didn't want to, but because those words left me speechless.