Chapter 3: PokéMaster's Anguish - Part 5 (Deadly Life)

~ Ultimate Pokémon Master Akari Hinata's POV ~

Venisa.

It was Venisa.

Venisa killed Susumu and Kenta.

Venisa took the one I loved away from me.

The Ultimate Geisha's red eyes showed no sense of surprise at being accused. She showed no emotion whatsoever, save from one single arched eyebrow.

"You... wish to accuse me?" She asked. "You think I murdered those two poor boys?"

"Don't lie your way out of it!" I cried. "Just admit to it so we can get your execution over and done with!"

"I understand that you are agitated, Akari," Venisa replied. "But something like this needs to be thought through carefully. After all, it would be just awful if we were too hasty and voted for the wrong person."

I decided to remain silent in case I said something to retaliate and Monokuma got angry at us for 'wasting time'.

"I have to agree with Akari, though." Zach said. "At this point, it's pretty obvious you're the culprit."

"Oh? And how it is 'pretty obvious'?" Venisa asked. "Do enlighten us, Zachary."

Zach sighed; I guessed he didn't exactly like being called by his full name. "That scrap of cloth that Niamh presented... it's the colours that are important. Red and gold... isn't that the colour scheme of your kimono?"

Venisa remained silent for a few moments before a small smile crept onto her lips. "Ah... I see... So that is why you suspect me of this wrongdoing..."

"Uh, Venisa...? Are you feeling okay...?" Kyle questioned, his voice trembling.

Venisa's smile grew wider and her eyes gained a distant look to them. A few strands of hair had come loose from her bun and were now falling over her face. She had her hands clutched to her chest. Her previously calm and collected demeanour had been replaced by insanity. "You have only one piece of evidence left to present to prove my guilt, don't you...? Show it to me..." she whispered.

Niamh hesitated before nodding.

*HERE!*

"It was something that Angelica told me during the investigation. She said that, once the bodies had been discovered, Akari came out of your motel room, Venisa. Why was that?"

Venisa couldn't respond; she could only bring herself to giggle endlessly. "There's only one thing left to do...!" She announced. "If you would, Niamh...!"

"Huh?" Niamh flinched. "Me? Do what?"

"Be a dear and tell us all how the crime occured, won't you...?" Venisa requested. If this even was Venisa anymore.

"O-Okay..." Niamh nodded.

- CLOSING ARGUMENT -

"So..." the Ultimate Investigator began. "This crime took place in the early hours of the morning, in the hospital. The killer arrived at the hospital with the intention of killing Susumu, but Akari was in the room with him. Firstly, the killer moved Akari out of the room and hid her inside their own motel room. The killer returned to Susumu's room, but Kenta was already there for reasons unknown. Not wanting to risk having any witnesses, the killer murdered Kenta, slicing his throat with the ice pick. The culprit most likely obtained the ice pick to kill Susumu, but had to use it on Kenta instead. Once Kenta was dead, the culprit used the PVA glue to 'lock' Jordan's and Kazashi's hospital room doors. By doing this, even if someone heard the crime, the culprit would have some time to escape while that someone was trying to open the door. The culprit then went back to Susumu's room and used Susumu's own scarf to strangle him to death. With the second murder committed, the culprit glued the final room shut and left the hospital, having only to wash the blood from their clothing and wait for the rest of us to wake up. Unbeknownst to the culprit, Susumu had taken a vital clue from them. And the person who did all of this... it was you, wasn't it, Venisa Daruma?!"