hoverboarding

Callum entered the doors to the stadium and led me inside. The lights were still on. It was blinding. It had huge curves around the walls like ramps and above were seats for the audience. It must of been a sport. I mean my family werent poor but we could just manage. We couldnt affort a tv. Only a radio but it was small and you could hear only a few words. Like...'oh and here comes.....and...l....the speed.....taken....tire ....audience looked terrified'. I sigh. We always had it quite rough. Sometimes my Dad would get a tenner a month. But I try and stay tall and not cry. He worked so hard and did anything to put bread on the table.

I looked ro my right and there are several hover boards stanging up against the wall. I look at Callum and we charge together for one. I dont know why but it was fun. Out of beath I grab one that has orange stripes around ut and a golden sparkle. Ugly . It looked like a long board but will fire packs on the back and foot holders in the middle at an angle.

You shoved you feet in them and when you press hard the packs activate making speed and heat. Nothing to hold onto. You can bacially fly. I dont know how you get thses hover board. They cost at least one or two hundred pounds each.

"Do you guys scavenge rich people peoples house's? " I asked.
Callum nodded and helped me get on. I gripped on his hand tightly and pushed myself up and landed funny. I was alright. It imediently locked my feet in so if I tilted a lot I wouldnt fall. I pushed gently and I started moving  slowly still holding onto Callums hand. I let go and suddenly pressed harder and I went at least 40 mph. I started circling Callum and stopped by skidding. He smiled at me and jumped on his and in an instant he flew past me. I chansed after him. We we laughing together as we raced.  I swerved in and out and over took Callum. His expression. So funny.

Like a turtle.

"You're not going to get away with that"

And tried overtaking me but I blocked his way and sped off. I crossed the finish line. So I won. My first ever match that I have won. I-*Thump*. Great. I fell. The locks were weak on the hover board I guess.
Shit...get up. Callums coming. I couldnt care less to be honest so I just sat there laughing. Callum came across the line came off the hover board and ran over to me.

"Ya alright?" He asked. I scratched the back of my neck and nodded. He slid next to me comfortably.

He looked down at his dungaree pocket and pulled out 2 packets of chocolate. Galaxy chocolate. My favourite. I looked at him shocked. How did he find that amazing delight just by scavenging?

He gave me an offering look and I smiled.

He gave me one and we opened it together. Took a bite together. Ate together. We couldnt take our eyes off eachother. I managed to finally pull away first. The taste was sensational. My taste buds danced with joy. Callum put his arm over me abd I rested his head on his shoulder. He did the same but on my head. Love is weird but I like it.