Be alright (chapter 14)

"That's your brother, well brothers you two are triplets. You have an older brother he's called Asad. He was born five minutes before Farah and 20 before you Fatimah. Asad was-" my mother seemed to be choking the words out her calm exterior faltering.

"Your brother was  very ill and so was sent to Canada to get treated, he ended up staying there with my cousin's family and a trip was to be arranged for you all to meet at 18, your mother did the best she could raising you and studying at the same time we wanted the best for all of you! We still do, so he was set to return here for further education, he's so excited to meet you. We just didn't feel the time was right. Understand us."

"Wait, he knows about us? For how long?" Farah exclaimed

"As soon as he was old enough darling. We were to tell you sooner but it would've confused you, I mean you were so used to just being known as the twins it would've changed everything" my dad carried on.

"It does change everything!" Farah burst out.

I felt like an extra on 90210! It was like my whole recently refreshed childhood had been a myth of lies upon lies and three of the most important people in my world helped to stack the pile. I need so much air.

"I think I'm going to be sick" I spluttered running from the room and outside.

~~~••°••~~~

"You know what Olly, it kind of makes sense. I mean recently Rayab's been dropping random phrases but now the dots seem to line up."

"What dots?" Olly questioned confusion evident in his tone.

"Not real dots imaginativly speaking like a dot to dot picture!" I explained.

"Ohh, I knew that!"

Of course.

"I don't know whether to scream, cry or just never speak to anyone."

"The first two. It would kill me if we never spoke again Tee, honestly."

"Ahaha, but you speak to Farah isn't that the same?" I asked my tone slightly bitter surprised even myself.

"Yeah, but its not the same as speaking to my best friend!" Olly teased.

A goofy grin graced my face.

"It better not be!" I sass jokingly.

"Whatever, so how did Turd-rent take it?" Olly tries to add casually, well...

"I haven't told him." oops.

"Why? Uhm I mean why?" He fails  to hold in his happiness.

"Becauseeee he's going to think I'm weird or an idiot, I don't know" I groan my fingers tugging at loose strands of hair.

"Fuck right off!" Olly seems upset.

"OLLY!" I squeal

"Nah, I'm being serious. He ain't even worth it if you can't get his opinion on something like this. It ain't a relationship if you're always thinking about your next move! Take it from me, if you ain't gonna tell him shit then what makes you thinks he's actually going to tell you Fatimah? You're clever don't be a beg or a dickhead love"

"Love you Olls." I muster knowing full well he wasn't just trying to talk about what he'd read on twitter.

"Love you too" Came the raspy reply.

~~~••°••~~~

Was this really a clever idea? I mean I'd been in plenty sticky situations but I had always faced the outcome with my twin. Well I had always THOUGHT I had faced it with my twin. I felt a bit guilty and slightly lost going through the motions without Farah. A nudge to my neck jolted me out of my nostalgic thoughts.