Use somebody (Chapter 22)

I was probably more nervous about Trent coming over than I was going to his. I hadn't had a decent's night sleep and was convinced it showed. All throughout the night I had vivid dreams of everything that could possibly go wrong going wrong. I constantly woke up through the course most commonly sweating and severely out of breath.

I had known that my mum would insist on cooking up a feast and a half as well as ordering in a variety of things such as a variety of small cakes as well as two dozen cans of soft drinks. Along with a whole heap of food yet to be prepared I accepted that we would just eat on our laps since there wouldn't be space on our table even if it could contain 6-8 people.

I figured my best bet was to not change until after the meal due to the fact when I cook or even help someone cook it usually goes all over my clothes. Giving myself a quick spruce up I changed into a pair of my many jogging bottoms and plain tops, rolling up the long sleeves in advance. Walking into the kitchen I greeted my mum who was already kneading dough.

“Where should I start?" I queried.

“Take out the mince meat, you can rustle up some kebabs." She informed me.

“Okey dokey."

“Mum, how come I have to clean and all Fatimah does is cook?" Farah whined a slice of toast dangling from her mouth.

“Because you're smelly. And you can't cook, just bake so just clean."

“Shut up! Are you mum?" She protested.

“Hey! Stop being so rude, none of you are gang members don't say those words in my house." Mum cut off our argument.

“Sorry mum" we mumbled simultaneously.

“Nyie mnani keraa mki fanya ivo! Don't be silly." [You two annoy me when you do that!]

“Nini?" [What?] we cried.

“Ivo! When you talk at the same time, not everyday act like twins come on girls!" [That!] she retorted.

I chose to just not speak since I felt it might carry on for a while. Besides I had kebabs to prepare, along with a salad to make and some moroccan inspired rice and drinks. I figured at the least it would take three hours the most probably five. I popped a crumpet into the toaster before grabbing amongst my kebab ingredients some butter. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day even if it was eleven o'clock.

~~~

Dixon Asdfghjkl : I'll be at yours in like 5 minutes xx

Me: Cool xx

I breathed a deep sigh before checking my reflection in my mirror and running a hand through my untamed hair. I had decided to leave it in a 'fro today merely tying a bandanna across the front, paired with my knee length red dress that had a row of rinestones on it and a pair of black tights. I decided on lining my eyes in black gel liner a last minute decision that didn't look half bad.

Hoping to get to the door before anyone else I scarpered downstairs and hung about the dining area as casually as I could. Casual wasn't what I achieved since my dad was asking if I was hungry. Finally three sharp knocks came on the door. I edged to it opening it gleefully.

“Quicker than I thought! Wait what are you doing here?" I threw open the door then leaned against the wall.

“Awwh that's nice, I've missed you too you know." came the sarcastic reply.

“Fatimah? Who's at the door?" mum's voice could be heard from upstairs.

“Your favourite son!" Rayab called gleefully.