Betrayed

I rose to my feet, trying to steady myself. My body as if I had been hit by a freight train. I knew nothing good would come from this. Gary had told me that Kyle wanted him dead, so Kyle probably planned on doing it in front of me. This was going to be my punishment. How was I ever going to pretend to like him? I really need to improve on my acting skills for that to happen.

           "Kelly, come here." Kyle demanded.

            I hesitated for a second, which caused his smirk to fade. Not wanting to get punched or slapped, I slowly walked over to him. Part of me missed the kind, soft side of Kyle. Kyle smiled softly, causing me to shiver. Was the man I used to know still in there?

             "You don't have to hurt him." I said referring to Gary.

             "I guess he wasn't lying when he told me you grew fond of him." Kyle said emotionless.

             I didn't speak, not exactly sure what I was supposed to say. I did wonder how I had started to like a kidnapper and killer like Gary. A felt a sharp pain run through my body. What if I was really hurt? I ignored the pain I was feeling and just stared into Kyle's icy blue eyes. The smirk on his face stayed as he said, "I'm not going to hurt him."

         I sighed to myself with relief until I heard him speak again.

         "You are."

          "What?" I asked with confusion.

              He pulled out a knife with dried blood on it and forced it into my hand. He didn't let go of my hand though. I shivered as he breathed into my ear. He leaned closer so that he lips were touching my ear as he said loud enough so Gary could hear, "It's you or him. You kill him or he kills you."

         I was stunned by his statement. Did he really just say I had to kill someone? I tried to wiggle out of Kyle's grasp but he held me tightly in place. There was no way I was going to kill Gary.

           "I-I can't. Kyle, please don't make me do this." I begged, knowing that there wasn't anything else I could do. I wanted to go home so badly. I missed my aunt and uncle and I needed Maddie to comfort me and to protect me. I missed Robbins and would do anything for her to walk through that basement door right now.

           "Fine, give me the knife and I'll give it to Gary. I'm sure he won't hesitate to kill you if he could live." Kyle said.

             Gary gave me a sympathetic look, knowing that I would have to kill him in order for me to live. I felt rage boil up inside me and I knew I needed to fight Kyle on this because I couldn't kill another human, even if he was a criminal. I wasn't going to give Kyle the pleasure of seeing me go down to his level. I grabbed the knife tightly and nodded. I felt Kyle's hand slowly let go of the knife.

          I acted as if I was going to take a step towards Gary but I actually spun around facing Kyle. I went to stab Kyle but I felt his hand grab my wrist. I kicked him in the groin, making him drop to the ground in pain. As he let go of my wrist, I went to kick him but I felt a pair of hands grab me around the waist.

           I had forgotten that the man was still down here. He snatched the knife from my hand and I felt it being shoved against my neck. Every breath I would take caused the blade to slowly cut my neck.

         "Don't move, Gary." The man demanded, his deep voice caused me to jump.

            Gary laughed and threw his hands up in the air in defense. The man's grip tightened on me and I could tell he was angry. Gary continued to laugh as Kyle slowly got to his knees. I must have kicked him really hard. The thought brought a small grin to my face. That's for killing Ethan and my parents.