Bang

Kyle was shocked as he heard Dole's words play over and over in his head. The police were at the door and since there were cars in the driveway, they knew someone was here. Panic filled his mind but he tried his best not to show the fear. He only had moments to think of a plan. He didn't expect the police to find this place. Why did they find them? Kyle didn't have time to change into a disguise so that was out of the idea box. Kyle wasn't sure if they knew Dole was bad or not but they certainly knew who Kyle was. His heart was pounding and so many things raced through his head but there was nothing to do now.

            Kyle knew that he'd have to answer the door but he needed something to prevent them from shooting him. He quickly unlocked the bedroom door again and stormed inside, his heart beating a mile a minute. He grabbed Kelly by the wrist and yanked her out into the living room. Thankfully, she wasn't stupid enough to fight him for the moment. She started to struggle against him but his adrenaline was pumping too fast for her to get the upper hand on him.

          "Go get Robbins from downstairs and use her as protection so they don't shoot you. Also, they may not know you're the copycat so try to pretend that I kidnapped you too." Kyle said to Dole who ran down to the basement.

            He turned to Kelly, her big blue eyes staring up at him. She was the most beautiful girl in the world. It pained him that some stupid cops could ruin their time together. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with Kelly and all that was about to be ruined if he didn't outsmart the cops. Eventually, Kelly would love him. He knew deep down that without anyone in her life, Kyle was the closest thing she had to family.

            "Kelly, whatever happens here, I want to know I will always love you. If you do anything stupid, I won't hesitate to kill whoever is at the door and hurt you so badly, you will wish you were dead. That is a promise." He threatened, seriousness in his eyes.

            He knew that his threats never really worked on her but it was worth a try. He tried to make it seem as realistic as possible. He opened the door, Kelly shielding most of his body from the officers. As soon as the door was opened all the way, both me whipped out their guns. Kyle was ready for whatever was going to happen, knowing he wouldn't go down without a fight.

           He knew from previously working as a police officer that one of the officers was Officer Anderson and the other was someone new who Kyle didn't recognize. Kyle pulled out his gun, aiming it at the officers. Kelly's body trembled against his, making his angry that she had to be apart of this. Before Kyle could instruct them to drop their weapons, Dole entered the room, holding Robbins by his side. He was very convincing that he was injured and needed help. Kyle almost believed that he was hurting. Maybe he underestimated Dole.

          "Dole, Robbins, are you alright?" Anderson asked, his eyes not leaving the two of them, besides a quick glance at Kyle to make sure he didn't do anything.

           Dole didn't answer him but just dropped Robbins to the ground and limped over to Anderson, who took a step towards him to help. Robbins tried to speak but her jaw was starting swell up. It appeared that Dole injured her jaw so she couldn't speak. Smart man. Anderson lowered his gun as he grabbed onto Dole's arm, holding him upright. Robbins managed to mutter a few words, "Anderson, Gilbert."

           The other officer, or now Officer Gilbert, still had his gun aimed at Kyle but Kelly was in the way from any good shot he could take. He knew the Gilbert wouldn't even try to shoot, knowing he could hit Kelly. Kyle had his gun aimed at the side of Kelly's head. He could feel her heart beating against his body. He slowly ran his free hand up and down her arm as he held her in place. She didn't bother trying to fight him.

            What happened next happened in the blink of an eye. Dole yanked his arm away from Anderson's grasp and punched him as hard as he could. The cop stumbled backward, starting at Dole in shock. Gilbert and Anderson both realized who Dole really was at the same moment. When Dole started to head towards Gilbert, the first shot was fired. Bang! The loud shot echoed the house and a gasp escaped Kelly's throat.

            Dole fell backward, hitting his head against the wooden floors, blood oozing from his leg. Kyle wasn't sure if Dole had a death wish since he was afraid to go to jail or if he was just stupid. You never charge at a police officer. Gilbert looked unsure of his decision to shoot Dole since he was unarmed. Robbins slowly rose to her feet, horror written all over her face.

           In another split second, Dole kicked Officer Gilbert with his good leg causing the cop to start to fall. That's when another shot echoed through the air. Kyle wasn't sure where the shot had gone at first but realized it was from Gilbert falling to the ground.

           Anderson slowly made his way over to help Dole, who was cursing in pain and bleeding tremendously from his leg. Gilbert stared at Kyle in horror and that's when Kelly's body went limp in his arms. Kyle looked down to see blood oozing from her stomach. A scream escaped her lips as she crumbled to the ground. Gilbert had shot her. Kyle quickly laid her to the ground, staring in shock as more blood covered his hands.

           Her skin started to pale and her once bright blue eyes turned gray in color. Tears ran down her cheeks as she stared up at him. She coughed, blood trickling from her mouth. She tried to move but was unsuccessful. He had realized it but tears ran down his face as he stared at the one person in the world he loved, dying in his arms. He was actually crying to for someone, something he believed he was incapable of doing.

              He had never remembered crying, not even when he killed his stepmom and brother. Not even when his mom and dad died. His hand started to tremble and his tears made his vision blurry. He hated feeling like this. He was going to lose her. They were supposed to be together forever; forever and always. And he was losing her all over again.

            This was all his fault, why didn't he just kill them while he could then Kelly wouldn't be dying right now. He leaned over and whispered, softly in her ear, "I will love you forever and always."

            He stroked her hair one last time and kissed her softly on the lips before he turned and bolted to the back door of the house. He couldn't stay and watch what was going to happen. He didn't want to witness that and go back to jail. Her only chance at survival was if he escaped and let the police take her away to the hospital. He knew he had to do what he could to keep Kelly alive. He would do anything at all for her. Even if he believed she was going to die, he didn't want to stay around for that either.

            Kyle flung open the back door, thankful he disabled the shocker on the door. He knew the officers would worry more about Kelly and Dole than Kyle. He ran as fast as he could though, heading to a secret car that he had stashed in the woods, miles away from the house. He always had a backup plan and always had means of escape. He'd have enough time to get there before the police even started looking for him.

             He wiped away his tears, refusing to think of what just happened. Once he got to his car, he would drive away, escaping the police once again and then think of his next step. This was just a bump in his plan, everything would be okay. There was so much more to his plan, he would just need to revise some of it. He just prayed that Kelly would survive and be a part of it.

This chapter is edited, let me know if there are mistakes :D