Chapter Six

About a month later, Mackenzie stepped onto apartment number twenty-seven's porch. She knocked on the door rather hard and tapped her foot. It was a Tuesday night in April, and she was wearing shorts and one of her dad's big hoodies. She was freezing! Hurry up, Matt!

Matt opened the door and smiled when he saw Mackenzie. "Hey. I wasn't expecting to see you tonight." He said, rather casually.

 She shrugged. "Eh . . . I wasn't gonna come over . . . But my father's damn dog wouldn't shut up. So, I told my parents I was going to Evelyn’s . . ."

"Want to come in? You look like you're freezing." 

"Yes, please." Mackenzie giggled.

Matt moved out of the way, letting her in. "Hey, I thought maybe tonight we could watch a movie first . . . I mean, unless you don't want to wait." He winked at her and laughed.

She rolled her eyes. "Uh- EW." She laughed lightly. "But, yeah. I guess. A movie sounds cool."

Matt laughed at her. "Okay, but you have to promise you won't make fun of me."

"Oh, Matt. Ya' know I can't keep promises." She smirked.

He smiled. "No, I'm serious. Don't make fun of me." 

She sighed. "Fine." She fell back onto his bed and curled up under the blankets. "Tell me."

He smiled, sheepishly. "Okay . . . My friend Brett is a complete ass. He bought me this movie and then bet me twenty bucks I wouldn't watch it with you . . ." 

Mackenzie couldn't help but laugh. "What movie is it?"

"Friends With Benefits."

Mackenzie sat up in bed. "N-no. No! No! No! I'm not watching it!"

"C'mon. Please." He gave her a begging look. "I'm begging you." 

"No! That's horrible! I'm not watching it, Matt!" She lay back down and covered her face with a pillow. She smiled into it as the Matt's Axe scent flowed through her. Wait! Mackenzie, stop! You are friends with benefits!

"Fine. Whatever. I guess we'll just do what we usually do." Matt laughed. 

"Wanna go to sleep?" She mumbled. "Sleep sounds nice . . ."

"Mackenzie, just watch the movie." 

"But-"

"But nothing. It's just a movie. I swear, it won't bite you."

"Okay . . .But, don't think your going to steal these covers during the movie. They are mine!"

Matt laughed. "Technically, they're mine." 

 "No they're not! I've possessed them! They like me better!" She giggled, pulling them closer to her body.

Matt laughed at her, sliding into bed next to her. "I've got a great idea! Why don't we . . ." He lowered his voice, as if he were going to tell her a secret. "Share them."

She gasped with excitement- fake to be exact. "No."

Matt shrugged. "Whatever. Don't say I didn't try to reason with you." He said, grabbing the covers right off of her and onto him. He then played the movie.

She shrieked. "Matt! I'm cold!" She threw her arms around his body and enjoyed his heat. "W-we can sh-share . . ."

"Shh!" He shushed her, pointing at the TV. "The movies getting good!"

"It just started!" She yelled. "Please? Matt.”

Matt sighed, not wanting to be annoyed by her anymore. "Fine. . ." He said, throwing her some covers.