Chapter Eighteen

"Honey, I'm home!" Matt yelled, walking into one of his best friends, Quinn's house. 

"Okay, Matt!" Quinn called, laughing from the living room. She plopped down on the couch next to her friend, Brendan.

Matt came into the living room and sat next to her. "Hey, you're a girl, right?"

She took a sip of her soda; which was in a coffee cup, kicked her pink Hello Kitty- covered feet up on the coffee table and smiled sarcastically. "Last time I checked." 

Matt laughed. "Okay, cool. If you were pregnant and your boyfriend was leaving for college across the country, would you go with him?"

"How far in the pregnancy am I?" Brendan asked, his eyes glued on the T.V. 

Quinn laughed. "What she asked." 

"Uh- I don't know- five months?"

"Well, first, I'd slap the stupid out of him for asking . . ." -Brendan chuckled at Quinn's idea- "Then, I'd think for a few days, but I might go . . ." 

Matt nodded. "I swear, Quinn. Sometimes, I wish I'd knocked you up instead."

Quinn winked. "I'd like that." She giggled. "Take it out." 

Matt laughed and rolled his eyes. "Sadly, I've already knocked someone up. Sorry, Quinn."

Quinn sighed. "Darn." 

Brendan rolled his eyes and huffed. "I'm glad I've got a normal relationship with my girlfriend . . ." 

Matt looked at him. "You have a girlfriend? Who?" 

"Met Taylor Swift in concert." He winked. "She asked me out." 

"Mhm. You're shit out of luck, because the chick I knocked up happened to be Taylor Swift." 

Quinn laughed and put down her soda. "In your dreams." 

Matt laughed. "How'd you know I dream about Taylor?"

Quinn's mouth dropped. "Does your bitch know about these dreams?" 

He laughed at her. "My bitch?"

"This chick you used to talk on the phone with like, five months ago . . . And, the one who won't go to Cali with you. Does she know?" 

"Nah. She doesn't have to know everything."

Quinn snickered and stood up. "Exactly. Now, take it to the bedroom." 

Matt rolled his eyes. "As much as I'd love to, she kinda' has to know about my sex-life."

Quinn rolled her eyes and plopped down on his lap. "Even that little part of it? Where you were out of the house for . . . an hour?" She whispered in his ear, not caring about Brendan. 

Matt looked up at her, his eyes showing confusion. "Quinn, are you really trying to seduce me?"

Quinn sighed. "C'mon, Matt. She can't do anything with you anyway. Just for a little bit. She wouldn't find out." 

He sighed. "Quinn, we've been friends since I was, what? Four? Three?" He shook his head. "I mean, I love you. But like a sister."

"Sister, my ass." She stood up and walked into her bedroom. What the hell?! He knew that Mackenzie chick for- what? Two hours before he did her? He can't just help me this once after fifteen years?

"Quinn!" Matt called before sighing. He looked at Brendan. "What was that about?"

Brendan shrugged. "I'm guessing she's like . . . What's the word? Horny?" He acted as if her moods were obvious.