Chapter Seven

"Mackenzie, you suck at video games." Matt sighed. 

Mackenzie groaned. "Uh- no duh! I'm a girl! Girls weren't made for video games like this. Couldn't we go outside or something?"

Matt put down his controller, beating Mackenzie for the fifth time. "You're just mad because I'm awesome . . ."

Mackenzie sighed and lay flat on her back on Matt's apartment floor. "Northern boys. . . Ya' know, if I was back home, Ethan and I would be walkin' around our home town. . ." 

"Ooh. Who's Ethan?" Matt teased, trying not to laugh.

"My cousin. . ." Mackenzie's eyes widened as Matt winked at her. She sat up and slapped his shoulder. 

Matt laughed. "What do you want to do outside, anyways?"

She shrugged. "We could take a walk. . . Maybe buy a puppy. . .?" She stuck her bottom lip out and made her eyes big. "Pwease. . ." 

"What? A puppy? Puppies are a lot of responsibility."

"Matt! We could name it 'Sr. Barks-A-Lot'!" 

"No."

Mackenzie whimpered. "How about we get a beagle. . . They have floppy ears!" 

"I don't do little dogs. They're all little and bitchy."

"I assume ya' don't do little dogs. . . I want you to buy one. . ." She snickered at her joke. 

"Mackenzie! No! I'm not buying you a dog!" 

Mackenzie practically made herself slip a few fake tears. "You don't love me enough to buy me a cute little puppy?" 

"I'm not getting you a puppy. End of story. Let's go." He said, walking towards the door.

Mackenzie held out her arms. "Help. I'm too weak to lift myself. . ." She smirked. 

Matt sighed, walked over, and picked Mackenzie up. "You're taking too long." He said, and carried her out to his car.

*One Drive Later*

Mackenzie hopped out of Matt's car and breathed in the air. She exhaled and smiled. "Let's go!" 

"Okay. We're only here to buy my little brother a present for his birthday. I thought a girl might know what to get him, because I have no idea. Let me get one thing straight. We are not here to get you a puppy. So don't even ask."

Mackenzie sighed. "Yes, mama. . ." She giggled. "What did ya' get for your birthday when you were his age?" 

Matt laughed. "Mackenzie, he's twelve. When I was his age, my dad bought me my first pack of condoms."

"Ewwie!" She squealed. Then, she brought her voice to a whisper. "Did ya' use them?" 

"It took me a while, but yeah. I used them."

Her eyes narrowed. "When?" 

"I think I lost my virginity when I was- I don't know- thirteen?"

"Ew! Matt!" She slapped him. "Ya' could have just said you were 'young'! I didn't need to here the age!" 

"Her name was Mae, and damn was she hot. I was so nervous it wasn't even funny. She was fifteen, and she had a reputation. Even though she was mine, I wasn't her first."

"Ha!" Mackenzie jumped. "Now ya' know how it feels!" 

"Yeah, and she gave me a great reputation, too. Girls all over wouldn't get off my back. 'Be my first!' 'Do me like you did Mae!' It was insane. I took like, twenty girls virginities in a month."