The War of the Queens

The four kingdoms were separated from each other, by four walls, that surrounded the centre of Compoundia. Many years ago there was a peace in the land, but it was destroyed by cupidity and hatred. Around 600 years ago a war happened, 'The War of the Queens' as Compoundia's people called it. The then queens fought over a magical necklace, that was said to increase the power of it's wearer. The war was savage, and spared no one, many soldiers, men, women, children even, perished. But no matter the number of the victims, the queens didn't stop. They were fierce and their pride didn't allow them to give up. When six dreadful years past since the start, the battles still continued, the necklace was moving from one kingdom to another, but didn't stay there for long. Every time it was in one queen, another would find a way to take it. This was making the queen that had it even angrier. One day in the land arrived a woman in white robe. She was from a land far far away from Compoundia. Her name was Tullia. She was a brave, tall and beautiful young woman, that intended to bring peace in Compoundia, once again, after the things she saw. She was said to be a sorceress, but her power wasn't her own. She was using a magical ring to perform her magic, but the Compoundians didn't know that. When a year had passed since her arriving the war was still going on, and she didn't know what to do. The best she could do at the time was to try to heal the wounded. One day she realised what she had to do - to find where the necklace was, take it, and hide it from the queens' cupidity. She thought of how she could and would do that. When she found out in which queen the necklace was at the time, she shifted herself in one of the people from the royal council and took it. It wasn't easy, the necklace was guarded by six of the best knights from the queen's personal guard, that were instructed to give it to the queen only. But with her magic she took them down. When she escaped the castle she went to the centre of Compoundia and buried it deep in the ground. When the queens realised the necklace was gone, they didn't even bother to search for it, because they were tired of the long-lasting war. At the same time, it was a great excuse for them to end the war, and that way their pride wouldn't be hurt. Many years after when the queens, that started the war, were dead, as well as Tullia, and the walls were raised, the Compoundians knew that she had restored the peace and worshipped her, so they built a statue of her in the centre of Compoundia, and from that day onwards she was known as 'Tullia, the peace bringer'.

--------------------------------------------------

'The War of the Queens' contains 497 words.

This chapter explains why the walls were built and the kingdoms were separated. 

P.S. Tullia has a slightly similarities, in her description, with one character from a TV show. Hope you get the reference.

Thank you for reading! Another chapter will be added soon!