Melting Heart

*Narrator's POV*

Claressa went outside to the courtyard to talk to Kathrax:

"KATHRAX!" - The queen yelled to the sky. - "KATHRAX!" - She yelled again. - "KATH—" - She proceeded to yell for the third but a soaring shadow on the castle stopped her.

Kathrax had heard her calling. She was soaring above the castle. She had grown much, the courtyard whole, was swallowed by her shadow. After a few minutes she came down. Her landing shook the ground, and her cry echoed through the kingdom.

"My beautiful girl... " - Claressa sighed, as she petted her dragon on the head. - "Why did you eat the stags again? How many times have we spoke about it? You only eat wild stags, not the old men's ones." - The queen continued. - "I don't want to say this, or do it, but if you do it again, I'll have to chain you up down in the crypts. And we both don't want, do we? - Claressa added, as Kara stepped outside.

"Good news, my queen." - Kara said with a smile.

"Excellent! Wait for me in the throne room. I'll come in a moment. - The Ice Queen smiled at her. - "Now go. Have fun, my darling." - Claressa encouraged Kathrax. - "But with the wild stags only." - She added, as she giggled, and she flew away.

Claressa entered the throne room:

"Now tell me." - She smiled at Kara.

"Turns out a decadent of Tullia the Peace bringer was right here, under our noses." - Kara noted.

"Really. Who?" - The queen's curiosity awakened,

"His name is Eron, the commander of the ice army." - Kara answered.

"Good. Tell the guard to bring him." - Claressa ordered.

"I already have, my queen." - Kara said.

"You make my life so much more easy, Kara. Thank you!" - The queen smiled at her.

"My queen, I have brought you Eron." - A guard said, as they both entered the room.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, my queen." - Eron rose his head and spoke.

When Eron saw The Ice Queen, he tried to open his mouth to speak again, but the words couldn't come out. He had never seen a woman with that kind of beauty about her. Her white hair, her ice blue eyes amazed him. He had never felt that way before.

Claressa didn't feel much different. His tall build, his charming smile, his green eyes, his brown wavy hair stunned the queen ... Claressa had never seen more handsome man in her life.  ... It was like time had stopped for her. She couldn't talk, she couldn't move, she was ... frozen.

--------------------------------------------------

'Melting Heart' contains 449 words.

This chapter is short, but it introduces a new character whose role will be very, very, very important. Almost as important as Claressa's role.

Thank you for reading! Another chapter will be added next Tuesday!