Kathrax

*Claressa's POV*

   When we returned to the castle, I immediately ran to my chambers with the baby dragon in my hands. Kara came in:

   "I can't believe my eyes." - Kara's eyes widened when she saw the little creature.

   "I couldn't too, but yet here I am, with a baby dragon by my side." - I said, as I was petting the dragon.

   "What is it called?" - Kara couldn't stop looking at the dragon.

   "Kathrax! Its name is Kathrax." - I told, as I improvised the name.

   "It's a beautiful name." - Kara smiled at me.

   "I thought of it now." - I giggled. - "How would we know if it's a male or a female?" - I asked.

   "We will have to wait until it is old enough. If it has laid eggs between the tenth and fifteenth year of its life, it is a female. And if it hasn't, well, than we will know that it is a male." - Kara answered.

   "We will assume it's a girl. How much will she grow?" - I asked.

   "Much... As long as she has food and freedom, she will grow, my queen." - Kara answered.

   "Good. I will need its strength." - I said, as I was watching outside the window.

   "Need for what? What will you use the dragon for?" - Kara wondered.

   "What a dragon is used for - conquering!" - I said with a smirk, as I turned to face her.

Six years later ...

   One morning as I was walking through the gardens, Kara appeared:

   "Again, my queen." - Kara sighed.

   "I'm coming ..." - I said annoyed.

   When I walked into the throne room an old man was waiting for me:

   "How many this time?" - I asked the man, as I sat on the throne.

   "Seven, my queen." - The man answer, looking down.

   Kathrax had eaten seven of the man's stags:

   "Seven? Only?" - I asked with both surprise and sarcasm. - "Kara ... Seven silver coins to this man." - I looked at Kara.

   "Yes, my queen." - She said, as she pointed to the direction the man needed to go.

   "Thank you, my queen." - The man said, as he left.

   "What will we do, my queen?" - Kara looked at me, as I was guilty.

   "Kara, don't look at me that way. We both know it's not my fault. I can't chain her up, down in the crypts." - I said, as I was feeling bad.

   "I know, my queen. But if she continues like that, we will be out of silver." - Kara said worried.

   "We still have gold." - I said as I chuckled.

   "I don't think it's funny, my queen." - Kara said rather serious.

   "I know it isn't. I will talk to her. I promise." - I said. - "You know that dragons are intelligent. I'm sure she will understand." - I added.

   "I know, my queen, and I hope she does." - Kara smiled at me.

   "Now, I will need a little favour." - I rose from my seat, and went outside.

   "Whatever you wish, my queen." - Kara said, walking beside me.

   "I need you to find me decadents of Tullia the Peace-bringer." - I said.

   "What for, my queen" - Kara asked, curious.

   "You will see..."

----------------------------------------

'Kathrax' contains 553 words.

This chapters introduces Claressa's dragon to Kara. Then six years later, it shows the problems the dragon is causing. It also sets up for very important events.

Thank you for reading! Another chapter will be added next Tuesday!