A Loss Perhaps

*Narrator's POV*
Claressa and Kara are waiting in the council room. Kara walks nervously. They are waiting for someone. After some time Eron enters:
   "You wanted to see me, my queen." - Eron spoke as he bent a knee.
   "Ah, finally. Let's start working." - The queen told as she rose hand.
Something in the shape of an ice cylinder rises up to the queen's hand. As she waves her hand a map of some kind forms on top... a map of Compoundia.
   "So this is the North. The West, the East, and the South." - Claressa said as she pointed on the map.
   "Where will you start, my queen?" - Kara asked as her face frowned.
   "From the nearest kingdom which is ..." - The queen started but Eron cut her.
   "May I suggest starting from the East kingdom, my queen?" - Eron smiled at Claressa.
   "Why? The West is nearer." - The queen smiled back, but with a rather serious smile.
   "Indeed it is, but Farcellia of the West isn't as peaceable as Willow of the East. Of course she will be frustrated when she sees you on Kathrax' back, but she won't put up much of a fight." - Eron explained. The queen smiled.
   "Smart. That's it then! We will start from the East. Kara what do you think? - Claressa smiled at her.
   "Whatever you command, my queen." - Kara said, again with a frown.

A month later...

   A month later Claressa and her army return to the North with Willow of the East in chains. Claressa first goes to see Kara:
   "Kara, we have returned victorious." - The queen smiled as she showed Kara queen Willow's branch crown.
   "Yes, my queen. You have. But are you really victorious? The East is almost fully frozen..." - Kara started but the queen cut her.
   "What is the bad thing?" - Claressa asked.
   "Are you joking, my queen. Are you going mad?" - Kara asked as if she was panicked. - "Don't you remember what you said, my queen 'I promise you Kara, there will be no war, trust me.' - Kara reminded the queen, what she had said before. Claressa's face fell.
   "This wasn't a war Kara. This was something small. We are just entering the great game." - The queen said to her most trustful advisor with a frown.
    Kara walked out disappointed by the girl she had watch growing up, and Claressa was left to think alone.
--------------------------------------------------
'A Loss Perhaps' contains 394 words.
This chapter is a bit short, but I want every kingdom's conquest to be a separate chapter, because all of them will have important things that will lead to the epic end.
Thank you for reading! Another chapter will be added next Tuesday!